Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Obviously still bitter

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 24 Replies
Ive come a long way in terms of being bitter towards my ex. I no longer pick out imaginary flaws when I see happy families. I'm not overly jealous of them anymore, and if I do experience jealousy it's fueled by sadness of what I don't have instead of anger from what is lost.

I'm still obviously bitter. Mother's day makes me mad. I wish my mom a Happy day and give her something special. It's great for other mamas. I just don't want any part of it for me anymore. Not to mention its a month before father's day, and the mention of that day makes me want to scream obscenities.

I've started to slowly hate all holidays. They bring me no pleasure or joy and instead I get frustrated with the amount of pressure that surrounds holidays. I hate feeling like I *need* to do something special and fabulous to make it a good day.

Even typing this is making me feel teary eyed and I'm realizing how truly alone I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

HUGS

Love you, girl. I know how you feel. I decided to take life by the horns and make my own traditions for the holidays. 

I don't care what anyone else says, on Father's Day, I'm giving myself a pat on the back and getting myself something nice.

epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Ugh. I just got my period so I'm overly hormonal. Way too many people talking about Mothers day and it's making me really uncomfortable.

I'm not where you are yet. Mostly I want to decline any invites to celebrate, get a baby sitter, and go curl up in a ball by myself.

Quoting alwayskk:

HUGS

Love you, girl. I know how you feel. I decided to take life by the horns and make my own traditions for the holidays. 

I don't care what anyone else says, on Father's Day, I'm giving myself a pat on the back and getting myself something nice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

It's a process and it's not a linear process. Sometimes we need a kick in the ass, sometimes we need to crawl up in a ball. If that's what you need, do it!

Quoting epoh:

Ugh. I just got my period so I'm overly hormonal. Way too many people talking about Mothers day and it's making me really uncomfortable.

I'm not where you are yet. Mostly I want to decline any invites to celebrate, get a baby sitter, and go curl up in a ball by myself.

Quoting alwayskk:

HUGS

xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM
You cant let anyone have that control over you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM
So much pressure from family to make this a happy wonderful day. :/ If I decline they'll think it's something to do with them, which it's not. I work too hard to make everyone else happy and it's just not working for me right now.

Quoting alwayskk:

It's a process and it's not a linear process. Sometimes we need a kick in the ass, sometimes we need to crawl up in a ball. If that's what you need, do it!

Quoting epoh:

Quoting alwayskk:

HUGS

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM
No one has that control over me. It's aaaaaaall me. I made poor choices and now I deal with the consequences.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM
But you are letting those things control you, its not healthy for you pr your kids

Quoting epoh:

No one has that control over me. It's aaaaaaall me. I made poor choices and now I deal with the consequences.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Im not at all sure of your situation.. but do something for yourself... anything... and dont wait for a holiday to do so...

jas_momof2
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

((hugs))

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I'm sorry holidays are hard for you. you don't have to be alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN