Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's Prom Day! Updated with Pictures.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this

Lord help me. It's almost time to get going. My daughter is a junior but  her boyfriend is a senior and tonight is prom. We have a three hour hair appointment beginning at 11, then at 2 it's makeup and pictures, at 430 we pick him up (his dad is in New Mexico for work so I'm giving them a ride because neither of them want to drive, ever, and don't have driver's license). Then at 530 they are doing dinner, at 7 the prom, at 11 pick them up, take him home. It'll be after midnight when we get home. 

God, I am so not ready for this day. I can't believe my baby girl is almost grown. Probably won't until one of them decides to start driving. LOL. 

Pictures in replies 30 and up. 

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Aw, I want to see pictures! lol Good luck mama, you are going to have a FULL day!

sweetykitty
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Why not get a limo make it special for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM
They dont have dinner at prom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Quoting sweetykitty:

I'm figuring her dress, hair, make up etc is a big cost...maybe the limo is not possible?? I think it sounds quite nice already.
pokey-pwa
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
It's prom day for us too! My daughter is just a sophomore but her boyfriend is a junior. They are gong in a group of 6. My daughter is cooking dinner for them all - fettuccini Alfredo...everything from scratch including the noodles!

They grow up way too fast :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Because the boy doesn't come from money. Limo's cost money and for the amount of driving in town that needs to be done, it's not worth it. 

Quoting sweetykitty:

BaseballMom34
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I feel you Its my Ds's prom tonight as well. He's a Jr his date is a Senior. He has state game tryouts for baseball..til 3:30 UGH!! Then we have to run home to get him showered and dressed to meet the group of friends for pictures at 5 then School at 5:30 for school prom pics..Limo to Dinner and Back to Prom. Its such a bittersweet day my "baby" is all grown up.

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yes, they do, but my daughter has special dietary needs, he's elected to take her some place where he knows she will get dinner rather than risking the food that will be served, and her not getting dinner. 

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

They dont have dinner at prom?

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Aww, well come back and post pics later. I'll be posting them in this post. :)

Quoting pokey-pwa:

It's prom day for us too! My daughter is just a sophomore but her boyfriend is a junior. They are gong in a group of 6. My daughter is cooking dinner for them all - fettuccini Alfredo...everything from scratch including the noodles!

They grow up way too fast :(

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

YES, that too. Her nails were 50, hair is over a hundred, pics and makeover is another 150. The dress was 300. And that's just the cost I came up with. There was still alterations, shoes, jewelry, make up, underwear, body spray, etc that I'm not including. LOL. 

Quoting Derari:

Quoting sweetykitty:

I'm figuring her dress, hair, make up etc is a big cost...maybe the limo is not possible?? I think it sounds quite nice already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)