Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a Christian & Angry at God THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 275 Replies

Ok so I am kind of angry w/God & stuck in that right now.

Why is it when you tell another Christian that they have no idea what to say?

Or I am told to go read the Bible.  I am sorry, tell me I'm going to hell or bash me, reading the Bible doesn't help me.

I haven't figured out how to not be angry at Him anymore.  I have all this anxiety, all these worries, my body keeps yelling at me making me think something is wrong, I am alone.  Thankfully only for another 6 weeks but my husband and I have been apart for more than 2yrs (minus approximately 100 days).

I'm angry, all I want is feel normal again & all I want is my hubby home. For a year we waited to be a family again, I would see him & he'd be gone & I'd be left just wishing for him again.  Wasn't so bad until we moved & my health went all out of whack.

The move was suppose to be a blessing, a fresh start but it hasn't been much of a blessing yet.

I am just angry & all I'm told is God is with me or to read the Bible.

Is it really that horrible to people when others are angry at God?

EDIT: I want to thank everyone for their kind words & for not being judgemental.  I am listening & will look for the book that was recommended & listen to the videos that were put up.  Thank you for being so understanding & supportive!!!

For those thinking I'm doing nothing that is wrong & instead of assuming maybe ask.

I have been through counseling for childhood physical, sexual & emotional abuse.  I have been in counseling for the abuse suffered by my ex.

We have moved, I can not use the counselor I had back home, shortly after finding a counselor here she moved.

The 1st Dr I saw here was a pill happy Dr who was more interested in belittling those w/anxiety & actually making their anxiety worse.

The 2nd practice I went to was suppose to be more holistic, it was not. They had their own vitamin shop, if you didn't use their they had no idea about anything else.  Plus they wracked me up a huge medical bill.

I am on my 3rd practice and hopefully my last bc so far I love them & have actually seen the Dr not just the PA or NP.

My diet is extremely healthy, always has been.

I exercise & do yoga.  I have done accupuncture for my sinuses which helps but not covered by insurance.  I get massages as they help but again cost money.

I do not sit home on my butt and do nothing, I try to get out & have met a few people & have 4 awesome friends here.

I do not have a church, went to 2 & didn't mesh so now I'm waiting til  my DH comes home so we can find one together.

Even though I have friends some work, and all spend time w/their DHs on the weekend.  I spend much of my time alone here which is not normal for me & I have also NEVER experienced health issues like this or anxiety.

So yes I"m angry. I am not angry 24/7 though.  Yes right now there is a huge part of me that is upset w/God.  I feel he has left me alone again just as I was trying to find my way back to Him.  Yes I walked away for a long time bc of how things were before. 

I honestly feel that enough is enough & if you can't understand that then I am happy for you bc you've probably have never been hit over and over and over again with things.

I have changed a TON in my life so to make an assumption I have not is well wrong.

Anyway THANK YOU to everyone who has helped & has not been judgemental & have offered great advice.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Its not Gods fault your husband is away, so why be angry at him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Bc I am.

Bc He is suppose to give strength & not give more than what people can handle.

I am at my breaking point.  Been there & honestly very tired of being tested.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Op, God isn't angry that you are angry at "him".
VintageWife
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM
It's not horrible to be angry, but it is if you aren't doing anything about it. I start tuning out if someone says "but I'm not going to read my Bible or pray or..."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM
And, I am sorry you are having a rough time. I know how you feel, I really do.
singlemom1208
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
You're human right? Read through the bible and you'll see many people have been angry with God. Best of luck. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm sorry.

i think every person who has a faith with God at some point does get angry with him.

I think its just part of the walk. :)

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time and i only hope it gets better for you!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

It's not horrible to be angry, but it is if you aren't doing anything about it. I start tuning out if someone says "but I'm not going to read my Bible or pray or..."

So you tune out people who don't find comfort in the Bible?

I have prayed, haven't found much comfort either.  Kind of hard when it seems nothing changes.

So tune me out that's ok.  That's what I'm talking about, instead of standing by someone, maybe praying WITH them or supporting them you just tune them out.

Or things seem to get better for a little bit then bam something else happens.

kidlover2
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
You are allowed to be angry at God, I am too sometimes. But.... God NEVER said he won't give you more than you can handle. That's an industrialized country's make believe crap.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Bc I am.

Bc He is suppose to give strength & not give more than what people can handle.

I am at my breaking point.  Been there & honestly very tired of being tested.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting singlemom1208:

You're human right? Read through the bible and you'll see many people have been angry with God. Best of luck. :(

I have read through the Bible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)