Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a Christian & Angry at God THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I am kind of angry w/God & stuck in that right now.

Why is it when you tell another Christian that they have no idea what to say?

Or I am told to go read the Bible.  I am sorry, tell me I'm going to hell or bash me, reading the Bible doesn't help me.

I haven't figured out how to not be angry at Him anymore.  I have all this anxiety, all these worries, my body keeps yelling at me making me think something is wrong, I am alone.  Thankfully only for another 6 weeks but my husband and I have been apart for more than 2yrs (minus approximately 100 days).

I'm angry, all I want is feel normal again & all I want is my hubby home. For a year we waited to be a family again, I would see him & he'd be gone & I'd be left just wishing for him again.  Wasn't so bad until we moved & my health went all out of whack.

The move was suppose to be a blessing, a fresh start but it hasn't been much of a blessing yet.

I am just angry & all I'm told is God is with me or to read the Bible.

Is it really that horrible to people when others are angry at God?

EDIT: I want to thank everyone for their kind words & for not being judgemental.  I am listening & will look for the book that was recommended & listen to the videos that were put up.  Thank you for being so understanding & supportive!!!

For those thinking I'm doing nothing that is wrong & instead of assuming maybe ask.

I have been through counseling for childhood physical, sexual & emotional abuse.  I have been in counseling for the abuse suffered by my ex.

We have moved, I can not use the counselor I had back home, shortly after finding a counselor here she moved.

The 1st Dr I saw here was a pill happy Dr who was more interested in belittling those w/anxiety & actually making their anxiety worse.

The 2nd practice I went to was suppose to be more holistic, it was not. They had their own vitamin shop, if you didn't use their they had no idea about anything else.  Plus they wracked me up a huge medical bill.

I am on my 3rd practice and hopefully my last bc so far I love them & have actually seen the Dr not just the PA or NP.

My diet is extremely healthy, always has been.

I exercise & do yoga.  I have done accupuncture for my sinuses which helps but not covered by insurance.  I get massages as they help but again cost money.

I do not sit home on my butt and do nothing, I try to get out & have met a few people & have 4 awesome friends here.

I do not have a church, went to 2 & didn't mesh so now I'm waiting til  my DH comes home so we can find one together.

Even though I have friends some work, and all spend time w/their DHs on the weekend.  I spend much of my time alone here which is not normal for me & I have also NEVER experienced health issues like this or anxiety.

So yes I"m angry. I am not angry 24/7 though.  Yes right now there is a huge part of me that is upset w/God.  I feel he has left me alone again just as I was trying to find my way back to Him.  Yes I walked away for a long time bc of how things were before. 

I honestly feel that enough is enough & if you can't understand that then I am happy for you bc you've probably have never been hit over and over and over again with things.

I have changed a TON in my life so to make an assumption I have not is well wrong.

Anyway THANK YOU to everyone who has helped & has not been judgemental & have offered great advice.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
mbgb
by New Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this
This is your time in the wilderness. Being angry at God is a normal reaction because we dont inderstand His ways. Just as a child gets angry when we tell her she cant do something, because we know whats best...and she doesnt understand. he could be preparing u for something....making u stronger. Its a time to lean more on your faith, which is truly following even when you cant physically see or grasp. Trust in His promises, follow His word, and He will lead u through. If he didnt, then He would be a fake God. But I know from experience He keeps His promises. Good luck!!
Beauty91805
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM
It's a natural reaction. Sometimes things don't work out because they are not supposed to. What we want may not always be what we need and every so often we like to have control and end up screwing everything up. So my advice is to let go and let the glory be to God himself. Let him have all the control. God bless you hun, keep your faith.
CafeMom Tickers
jillbailey26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Anger is an emotion he gave you, so it's okay to be angry.  Even at God.  Remember, we are his children and he knows that we won't be happy with him 100% of the time.  Just like we weren't with our parents and our children aren't with us.

Even through that anger, you come to a point where you have to realize that even though things aren't going your way, that he's still there for you and knows what is best for you.  If you trust him and give your pain and bitterness to him he can give you the peace and strength to get through.

I found a quote by Neal A. Maxwell (whoever that is), "Faith in God includes faith in his timing" and I absolutely agree.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Stop looking for god to make things better and do asomething to make yourself happier. ( I am not saying to stop believing, please do not take this the wrong way)

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting river.red:

Why don't you try "things that steal your joy" by Joyce Meyer. At one of the lowest points of my life it helped me.

Never heard of her.  Where do I find it?

.Angel.Eyes.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

It's very easy to focus on our problems than to focus on Gods power. Surrender everything to Him that is overwhelming you.

I will say a prayer for you. God Bless.

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, no god exists, so maybe you should redirect that anger. Or... that could be the cause of it. Oftentimes when we try to create meaning that isn't there, we realize the problem is faith. Get rid of faith, and I bet you'll have a whole new outlook on life.

Faith is just believing something is real when there's no evidence for it to be real (or worse, in the face of contradictory evidence). If you stop trying to put the square peg of your anger (and the need to bring supernatural meaning to natural events) into the circular hole of reality, I imagine a lot of this anger you feel will dissipate.

slightlyperfect

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I was angry at God for 2 years...but really I was angry at what Christianity taught me God was supposed to be. I was mad for Him "allowing" bad stuff to happen to me, when after I started studying Hinduism and realized that my troubles were MY fault, thru bad choices and Karma, my relationship with God improved, as did my outlook on  life

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
You know I went through a period where I was angry at God. So while I never lost faith I was doing things to basically give Him the finger. At the time I did not see what he was doing in my life and I felt like he not really caring or there for me because I was hemoraging financially and my father was dying from alzeihmers all when I was 25 (diagnosed when I was 16) Looking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
That should make you feel less alone at being angry with God. All I know is to pray about it.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting singlemom1208:

You're human right? Read through the bible and you'll see many people have been angry with God. Best of luck. :(

I have read through the Bible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)