Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Now I get it

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
Im watching TV and the commercials come on. One happens to be for some cleaning product. It hit me...I have never seen a man ( besides a cartoon mr clean) scrubbing a toilet or mopping a floor in commercials. Even if the man makes the mess in paper towel commercials here come mom to the rescue with the towel in hand. No wonder men think they don't need to clean!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetykitty
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
My man cleans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I don't think some men feel they don't need to clean because of TV commercials.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on May. 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

lol... good point

bec94
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I'm joking! But seriously why gear all cleaning products to women?

Quoting jillbailey26:

I don't think some men feel they don't need to clean because of TV commercials.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Not saying men don't, but we see a lot of complaints on cm about men not helping clean.

Quoting sweetykitty:

My man cleans

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grairaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

*Facepalm*  People take things to seriously!!  *Sings, Dances*  Not you OP, some of the comments.  

My man cleans, all products aren't being directed at women, stop being paranoid, blahblahblah.  LOL

I've seen those commercials.  They're funny.  Especially the one's where dad makes a mess and then looks around for mom before sneaking into another room?  Mom stands there with this all knowing, amused look on her face before tackling said mess all June Cleaver style?  I'm like "WHATEVER!  I'd be kicking someone's ass until that mess got cleaned up!  Do I look like your maid?  NO!  I DON"T!"  *Turns to hubby*  "Go do the dishes!"  *Waits until he leaves, props up feet on the couch (now that I can) Sighs all contented like*  "Das right..... bitches"

;D  *thumbs up*

bec94
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Grairaven:

*Facepalm*  People take things to seriously!!  *Sings, Dances*  Not you OP, some of the comments.  

My man cleans, all products aren't being directed at women, stop being paranoid, blahblahblah.  LOL

I've seen those commercials.  They're funny.  Especially the one's where dad makes a mess and then looks around for mom before sneaking into another room?  Mom stands there with this all knowing, amused look on her face before tackling said mess all June Cleaver style?  I'm like "WHATEVER!  I'd be kicking someone's ass until that mess got cleaned up!  Do I look like your maid?  NO!  I DON"T!"  *Turns to hubby*  "Go do the dishes!"  *Waits until he leaves, props up feet on the couch (now that I can) Sighs all contented like*  "Das right..... bitches"

;D  *thumbs up*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grairaven
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

LOL  I generally do when the OP doesn't have their head up their butt.  *Winks*  I'm not going to lie though, my hubby is spoiled.  Doing the dishes is the only chore he has.  LOLOLOL  I just think he's lazy and can't do anything right.  So I'd rather do it myself then stop, look at what he's 'cleaned', *head tilt*, and ask myself "WTF?"

Easier, not prefferable mind you. ^_^

Quoting bec94:

bec94
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Lol! I totally understand! I do most of the cleaning anyways since I'm a sahm. Dh takes care of the outdoor chores, although I like washing my car :-). My girls help me then. A 4 and a 2 1/2 yr old + water = good times :-)

Quoting Grairaven:

LOL  I generally do when the OP doesn't have their head up their butt.  *Winks*  I'm not going to lie though, my hubby is spoiled.  Doing the dishes is the only chore he has.  LOLOLOL  I just think he's lazy and can't do anything right.  So I'd rather do it myself then stop, look at what he's 'cleaned', *head tilt*, and ask myself "WTF?"

Quoting bec94:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

This is so me. Or I should say was until about 6 yrs ago when I said I would rather watch him do a chore for 3 hrs then have to clean up after him~ But yeah, just once I would love to see the top Father's Day gift being a vaccuum! C'mon.....

Quoting Grairaven:

Quoting bec94:

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)