Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm pretty sure I have strep..

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 21 Replies
And DH thinks if I just lay in bed all day, take medicine, and think real hard about getting better, I will get better. Ugh Fml my throat has benn hurting since wednesday and it's getting more painful everyday! :-( does anyone agree with DH, that it will just clear up on its own?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cyn_
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Look in a well let mirror , do you have white small sore/bumps around your tonsils ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dancer
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

If it is strep,you need to go to the doctor. It is contagious!  Your family can get it from you!

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Yup.

Quoting Cyn_:

Look in a well let mirror , do you have white small sore/bumps around your tonsils ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan262
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Strep throat does not go away on its own, no matter what someone says.  However, you don't know if it is strep unless it is diagnosed.  But you can look in a mirror and see if there are white spots on your tonsils.  If there are, you probably have it.  It can lead to other problems left untreated.

Kaybean
by Kayleen on May. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My DH just had strep two weeks ago and just finished his antibiotics for it. They told him that strep can go away on it's own, but it takes a long time, and often times can get so bad that you get dangerously sick, so these days, it isn't something they leave untreated. Anyway, look in a mirror and look at your tongue and the back of your throat. If there are any white, pink or red spots, then you probably do have it. My DH's throat and tongue were both white. That's how bad it was. I've never had it before in my life, so I can't say I know how it feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
i think you need to be seen. i had it a couple months ago they gave me a shot so i wouldnt have to take the pills...it started feeling better the next day (although the shot hurt like a bitch lol...they put it in your butt.... but i would rather do a 1-time shot than a week of pills lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
It will eventually get better on its own , the white bumps are white blood cells which is your body's natural defense. However strep in adults feels like hell so I'd get the antibiotics to speed the process. And keep u from passing around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cyn_
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Try to get antibiotics, it can turn into pneumonia if untreated. Take care of yourself,

Quoting MommyLehr:

Yup.

Quoting Cyn_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I agree. I just feel like complete crap. I have only been sick since Wednesday but I have lost 5 lbs already from not being able to eat... I am almost in tears every time I swallow anything, and DH just tells me I need to stop focusing on the pain and focus on getting better. But the thing I don't get is that he is the one who told me to go to the dr. But when I told him I couldn't get an appointment anywhere since I'd be a new patient ( my old dr stopped accepting our insurance) and I would have to go to the redi-care clinic, now I just need to get better on my own..

Quoting hddcooper:

It will eventually get better on its own , the white bumps are white blood cells which is your body's natural defense. However strep in adults feels like hell so I'd get the antibiotics to speed the process. And keep u from passing around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Elizabeth on May. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

So...go to the doctor?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)