Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

UPDATE AND PIC! :)) My 10-yr-old DD who is still boostered and has a brain tumor

Posted by   + Show Post
Update: Ky won her category, received a Diamond adjudication (highest possible) and got 2nd overall for ALL age groups (4-19). Yeah Ky!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok did I at least get someone to open this post?

ETA: Kylie does have a brain tumor. I'm the last person to joke about that kind of thing and if I saw someone else do it I would e-slap them silly.

I put two controversial things ABOUT HER in the title to get people to open it. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Moving on!

Ky's about to compete her solo! This theatre is nearly empty (end of the category and most people left ­čś×) so please cheer her on!!!!!!! Show Ky some love!!!!!

Go Kylie!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Kylie819:

Yeah, I put an ETA!

I SO was not even thinking that people would think I was making stuff up or mocking a condition. I just know both her medical condition and the ever present booster debate tend to get people to open a post.

Mom FAIL on that one! Sigh.

I quoted someone else on the last page with a little bit about her condition.

Quoting mitty18:

Maybe you should edit this post, lol.

Can they not remove the tumor?

Does it cause any issues for her?

Quoting Kylie819:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Ky does have a brain tumor...I just put 2 controversial things about her in the title so that it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

Quoting sbreece:

Offensive title. I can't even read your post past the first sentence. Talk about "crying wolf"..

Smh..

I suggest you delete this post and start over. Im sure we would be glad to support your daughter even with a normal (truthful) title.

I boostered my 10 year old for a while, until he and his dad decided he was too big for the seat.  I'm not sure why that is controversial.  He's 11 now and weighs enough that he doesn't need it.

Me want to see a youtube video of her now.  I have a friend with cerebral palsy who dances with a group of physically challenged dancers.  I think she still does it.  I danced once with them but I don't like the video. I looked like a clumsy whale. I mean the other abled bodied dancers studied the art; I don't.  That was a very long time ago before I had kids.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Ohhh holy crap there was a post last week with 500+ replies debating boostering older kids. Ky has a dancer's body...short torso and long legs...so she is still boostered! Otherwise the belt goes across her neck.

But yeah...boosters and car seats are cause for major drama around here!!!

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting Kylie819:

Yeah, I put an ETA!

I SO was not even thinking that people would think I was making stuff up or mocking a condition. I just know both her medical condition and the ever present booster debate tend to get people to open a post.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting Kylie819:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Ky does have a brain tumor...I just put 2 controversial things about her in the title so that it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

Quoting sbreece:

Offensive title. I can't even read your post past the first sentence. Talk about "crying wolf"..

Smh..

I suggest you delete this post and start over. Im sure we would be glad to support your daughter even with a normal (truthful) title.

I boostered my 10 year old for a while, until he and his dad decided he was too big for the seat.  I'm not sure why that is controversial.  He's 11 now and weighs enough that he doesn't need it.

Me want to see a youtube video of her now.  I have a friend with cerebral palsy who dances with a group of physically challenged dancers.  I think she still does it.  I danced once with them but I don't like the video. I looked like a clumsy whale. I mean the other abled bodied dancers studied the art; I don't.  That was a very long time ago before I had kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww I love her!!! GO KY!

amanda_n_e
by Amanda on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I have an arachnoid cyst too. And I also am not offended by the title.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh pretty :) i have what is called an arachnoid cyst on the left side of my brain. the only thing they can actually do is put in a shunt and that is a no go for me right now so i deal with what i have. I'm glad to see that your daughter hasn't let her medical issue stop her form showcasing her talents :D

by the way as someone with a mass on my brain i dontfind your title offensive

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh don't apologize to these guys.. SMH

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on May. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Why not just make a title explaining she is in a dance comp. and doing a solo, etc? And asking for cheers for her?  I would have opened it then too...I always look and read about your cute dancing daughter.  Good luck to her!

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Well at first some people thought I just put the brain tumor part as an attention grabber. That WOULD be offensive if Ky didn't have one.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Oh don't apologize to these guys.. SMH

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I missed that post, but ds9 is thin and small.  He will probably be boostered for a while because otherwise the belt cuts into his neck.  I'm 5'2" and for a while had a buick rivera.  The damned belt would cut into my neck and made me wish they made boosters for adults.  I'd used it I swear to God.  As a teen I had a 72 Ford pinto.  I've never had the problem with any other car but that one I needed a damned cushion just to see over the steering wheel. The seats sit low in it I guess.  I felt like a little old lady in it.

Quoting Kylie819:

Ohhh holy crap there was a post last week with 500+ replies debating boostering older kids. Ky has a dancer's body...short torso and long legs...so she is still boostered! Otherwise the belt goes across her neck.

But yeah...boosters and car seats are cause for major drama around here!!!

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting Kylie819:

Yeah, I put an ETA!

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting Kylie819:

Quoting sbreece:

Smh..

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I have made posts like that with 0 replies, lol.

Quoting auntietotty:

Why not just make a title explaining she is in a dance comp. and doing a solo, etc? And asking for cheers for her?  I would have opened it then too...I always look and read about your cute dancing daughter.  Good luck to her!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Go Kylie!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)