Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

UPDATE AND PIC! :)) My 10-yr-old DD who is still boostered and has a brain tumor

Posted by   + Show Post
Update: Ky won her category, received a Diamond adjudication (highest possible) and got 2nd overall for ALL age groups (4-19). Yeah Ky!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok did I at least get someone to open this post?

ETA: Kylie does have a brain tumor. I'm the last person to joke about that kind of thing and if I saw someone else do it I would e-slap them silly.

I put two controversial things ABOUT HER in the title to get people to open it. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Moving on!

Ky's about to compete her solo! This theatre is nearly empty (end of the category and most people left ­čś×) so please cheer her on!!!!!!! Show Ky some love!!!!!

Go Kylie!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
heartnhidin
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I would have never known your daughter was sick. I remember you had posted a video of some of her dances before. She is very talented. Good luck Kylie

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

:( I am sorry. The first line of your post says "Did I at least get someone to open it?" so I thought it was a joke.

I am sorry that she is going through that and I hope that she makes a full recovery, she really is beautiful. I've seen other dance posts you've posted in the past, but never anything about being sick.

Quoting Kylie819:

My daughter DOES have a brain tumor. She is also boostered. I put those things in the title because those are the types of posts people open.

Here she is :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

That is a horrible title. There are people out there who really have children with brain tumors and it's NOT a joke.

Your daughter is beautiful but your title makes me not even want to read your post or look at the pictures after I clicked the post thinking something horrible trying to give a mom support who has a child with a brain tumor. Shame.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Go Kylie Go!!!

randomosityblog
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Quoting auntietotty:

Why not just make a title explaining she is in a dance comp. and doing a solo, etc? And asking for cheers for her?  I would have opened it then too...I always look and read about your cute dancing daughter.  Good luck to her!

Because not as many people open those, I've seen her post them.. and when she does a title change she gets more responses.. even if they're idiotic.. :)

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Go Ky!!

Also, put the pics from the replies with your DD in the hospital and in the booster in your actual post.. people are getting pissed cause they think you lied. 

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM
My girls are cheerleaders but they also have dancers' bodies. My oldest just got tall enough to ditch the booster when she had a growth spurt a month before her 12th birthday. So I'm with you on that one. My 8yo is--gasp!--still harnessed! LoL.

Your daughter is gorgeous. And by the looks of those pics, a gorgeous dancer as well. I hope things continue to go well for her. Ky, you rock!

Quoting Kylie819:

Ohhh holy crap there was a post last week with 500+ replies debating boostering older kids. Ky has a dancer's body...short torso and long legs...so she is still boostered! Otherwise the belt goes across her neck.

But yeah...boosters and car seats are cause for major drama around here!!!

Quoting MicheleJM:

Quoting Kylie819:

Yeah, I put an ETA!

I SO was not even thinking that people would think I was making stuff up or mocking a condition. I just know both her medical condition and the ever present booster debate tend to get people to open a post.

Mom FAIL on that one! Sigh.

I quoted someone else on the last page with a little bit about her condition.

Quoting mitty18:

Maybe you should edit this post, lol.

Can they not remove the tumor?

Does it cause any issues for her?

Quoting Kylie819:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Ky does have a brain tumor...I just put 2 controversial things about her in the title so that it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

Quoting sbreece:

Offensive title. I can't even read your post past the first sentence. Talk about "crying wolf"..

Smh..

I suggest you delete this post and start over. Im sure we would be glad to support your daughter even with a normal (truthful) title.

I boostered my 10 year old for a while, until he and his dad decided he was too big for the seat.  I'm not sure why that is controversial.  He's 11 now and weighs enough that he doesn't need it.

Me want to see a youtube video of her now.  I have a friend with cerebral palsy who dances with a group of physically challenged dancers.  I think she still does it.  I danced once with them but I don't like the video. I looked like a clumsy whale. I mean the other abled bodied dancers studied the art; I don't.  That was a very long time ago before I had kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

i dont hear of people having them very often

Quoting amanda_n_e:

I have an arachnoid cyst too. And I also am not offended by the title.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh pretty :) i have what is called an arachnoid cyst on the left side of my brain. the only thing they can actually do is put in a shunt and that is a no go for me right now so i deal with what i have. I'm glad to see that your daughter hasn't let her medical issue stop her form showcasing her talents :D

by the way as someone with a mass on my brain i dontfind your title offensive

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I used to be in a group on CM for moms who have brain rumors or have family members who have them. It was very inactive, though.

Quoting .Pagan.:

i dont hear of people having them very often

Quoting amanda_n_e:

I have an arachnoid cyst too. And I also am not offended by the title.

Quoting .Pagan.:

oh pretty :) i have what is called an arachnoid cyst on the left side of my brain. the only thing they can actually do is put in a shunt and that is a no go for me right now so i deal with what i have. I'm glad to see that your daughter hasn't let her medical issue stop her form showcasing her talents :D

by the way as someone with a mass on my brain i dontfind your title offensive

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM
She is beautiful & good job keeping her safe. I hope a future scan shows the tumor completely gone. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EhPhuqIt
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM
She is breathtaking! I love the emotion on her face in the first pic.
Is she able to continue dancing while being treated for the tumor?
joeysmommie07
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM
she's very beautiful........ go Kylie!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)