Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my husband is going to eat himself to death

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

I swear he eats so much its ridiculous. At the moment he is eating a literal SERVING bowl of pasta and sauce smothered in cheese...if we go to say a fast food restaurant he will always order two of the biggest burgers and extra large fries. I eat a snack wrap.. I hate fast food. .. He also eats those jumbo large sizes of potatoe chips.. meant for multiple people.. he is the only one who eats them he won't let the kids have any and i don't eat chips.

he has a huge belly and high blood pressure. He is going to drop dead one of these days. I try to comment on it but he just ignores me..

by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Wow sorry to hear that,It's really sad he is doing that and disregards how worried you are i hope you can get him to see the light other wise your worst fear may happen....HUGS Momma !!

trishasjunebug
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

O.O

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
                                 Lilypie - (dCon)

fallenangel_353
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I have one of those too... He has gained a lot of weight as well. I try to hint to him sometimes, but I dont know how to do it without hurting his feelings ya know? He not only eats everything in sight, but pretty much lives off of soda as well all day. The kids and I rarely eat junk, and we mostly drink water. I keep worrying dh will have a heart attack or something. Ironically according to his physicals and blood pressure and such he is in optimal cardio health... I dont see how LOL.

Susan262
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

There is nothing you can do about it.  It is his choice.  You can't force him to eat better or less.

acaisha
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting mom_dl6:

Wow sorry to hear that,It's really sad he is doing that and disregards how worried you are i hope you can get him to see the light other wise your worst fear may happen....HUGS Momma !!

it sucks... I feel like an asshole but sometimes I find myself thinking that at least when he drops dead of a heart attack our mortgage is paid and I won't be homeless.. its fucked up to have to think that way.

I try to talk to him.. his mom and dad both have diabeties.. and his dad has heart problems and so does his mom. I mean he doesn't smoke or drink much but he also gets no exersize.. he won;t even take the kids outside to play unless I force him. He plays golf once a week but they rent a cart..

I guess I am extra sensative to it right now because I am working to be healthier.. going to the gym 2-3 times a week.. drinking visalis shakes and fruit twice a day and a healthy dinner.. I don't eat junk food ..

acaisha
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Susan262:

There is nothing you can do about it.  It is his choice.  You can't force him to eat better or less.

you mean i can't force food down his throat? darn..there goes that plan.

Apollos82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
My ex used to spend $300 a month on JUST fast food for JUST him. Gag!

He was 6' and 300 lbs, all gut. His weight and lack of willingness to do anything about it (aka pure selfishness) were part of the reason I left. He disgusted me!! Gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyakabooby
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM
When I was married, my dh started down that road. I just made a point to cook only healthy food, and only have fruits and vegetables for snacks. When he bitched, I told him I wanted the kids and me to eat healthier, and if he wanted junk he had to go get it himself. I would have prepared vegetables in the fridge at all times, with yogurt dip. He was lazy, so he ate what was in the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'm sure it does suck having to watch him do that to himself and even sadder that his fam. has those health issues and he chooses to not care,I will never get that at least your getting healthy maybe by some luck he'll take notice and change till then just know you've tried and at the end of the day it's his sad choice to make....I wish him the best and you keep doing you !

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting mom_dl6:

it sucks... I feel like an asshole but sometimes I find myself thinking that at least when he drops dead of a heart attack our mortgage is paid and I won't be homeless.. its fucked up to have to think that way.

I try to talk to him.. his mom and dad both have diabeties.. and his dad has heart problems and so does his mom. I mean he doesn't smoke or drink much but he also gets no exersize.. he won;t even take the kids outside to play unless I force him. He plays golf once a week but they rent a cart..

I guess I am extra sensative to it right now because I am working to be healthier.. going to the gym 2-3 times a week.. drinking visalis shakes and fruit twice a day and a healthy dinner.. I don't eat junk food ..

Shabbydoll78
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

My best friends dad has struggled with over eating and obesity for most of his adult life. He is now in his mid fifties, and has a multitude of problems. He has had a heart attack, he has high blood pressure, he has hernias so severe they required operations, sleep apnea, and depression ( probably one of main reasons he over eats). As a result of all of this, he is on numerous medications. Not only has it been a struggle for him, but his poor health, and food addiction has had negative consequences on the whole family. It is a huge concern for my best friend, and she has resigned herself to the fact that her father will die soon. It's been hard for her to reconcile the fact that he doesn't seem to care enough about himself, let alone his wife and kids, enough to at least try and get better. It is a vicious cycle. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)