Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

great news horrible news i don'r know what to do

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
  • 47 Replies
I just received a great opportunity in life. I'm a sahm and was offered a job at a big cat rescue relocation faculty. They breed, raise, and relocate cheetahs, tigers, panthers, leopards, jaguars, and lions. It's a private own place insurance and thru a family friend so he'll help us move to be closer instead of driving so much. It won't affect my husband's job. I would have to take classes and training to get certcertified. The dilemma is this the cats with human contact babies and small cats get fresh meats butchered. The section that doesn't get human contact is fed live animals to prepare them fir hunting prey. I would have to place a goat deer what ever for that time in to die. Kill an animal to save an animal. I know it has to be done if not by me someone. I eat meat but don't kill it myself. I don't know to say yes or no. What would you do? Sorry so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
osubucksbaby
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg hard decision...

But what an amazing opportunity, wow!!! I hope you make the best decision for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM
So what's the big deal with that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM

It's nature...you are just preparing them for survival. I would be thrilled!!! Awesome opportunity Momma!

jadsmummy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
It would not be an issue for me. Wild animals hunt live animals. If you eat meat at one point it was alive then someone slaughtered it. Having respect for where the meat comes from respect for the animals sacrifice and reality that this is how it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I think that would be an awesome job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your husband supportive of this job?  If so, I'd go for it.  It's the food chain and the way the world works.  I'm sure that once you get beyond the initial shock of it, you'd love the job.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I personally would not be able to do it.

kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
It's a great chance. And not just a job but a job with meaning to it you know keeping species thriving. I get in tears thinking of killing an animal. I'm a strong individual I think I can over come this put in walk away doing something constructive. I asked and yes my kids could play with a baby that would have them soaring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Piskie
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Where do you think the meat comes from?
I'm honestly not being snarky, but its just no different to them in the wild. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quoting tginn20:

It's nature...you are just preparing them for survival. I would be thrilled!!! Awesome opportunity Momma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN