Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

great news horrible news i don'r know what to do

Posted by   + Show Post
I just received a great opportunity in life. I'm a sahm and was offered a job at a big cat rescue relocation faculty. They breed, raise, and relocate cheetahs, tigers, panthers, leopards, jaguars, and lions. It's a private own place insurance and thru a family friend so he'll help us move to be closer instead of driving so much. It won't affect my husband's job. I would have to take classes and training to get certcertified. The dilemma is this the cats with human contact babies and small cats get fresh meats butchered. The section that doesn't get human contact is fed live animals to prepare them fir hunting prey. I would have to place a goat deer what ever for that time in to die. Kill an animal to save an animal. I know it has to be done if not by me someone. I eat meat but don't kill it myself. I don't know to say yes or no. What would you do? Sorry so long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (41-47):
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

wow thats a hard decision... but what an amazing opportunity!!! Justt think about the food chain... plus it is going to be happening whether or not it is you doing it... GL with the decision!!!

Schleetle
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM
If you can remember that it is a part of nature, and are able to separate that from your compassion for the animals the cats are fed then yes. If you think it'd be too hard on you then no. I eat a vegan diet, and honestly for most of the meat on the grocery store shelves those animals are treated with a lot more cruelty, and disregard than what would be happening at your potential job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting casah4:

I personally would not be able to do it.

With light and love

amanda357
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Nope I wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Omg I would loooooove to have a job working with big cats. I'd do it. I mean its not like you have to sit there and watch the animal eat. It happens in nature and we all know it, we don't have to watch it if it makes us sad or uncomfortable. It'd be different if you had to physically kill the goat yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yeah got the job. Start classes in 2 weeks. No live feeding he said since I'm uncomfortable with it but I will have to later. My main duties will be caring including bottle feeding a month old cheetah cub named sapphire. Also and this is sad sunny a 12 year old tiger who was very nelgected and tortured at 3 years old. Someone wanted to turn a wild animal into a pet. By doing so they sedated him and then using pliers removed all teeth and claws. He'll never be released or housed with other cats. He's the only full grown cat allowed to have people contact without fencing. He can hold you down with his weight si 2 people in at all times for contact. Makes me want to cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booklover545
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Such a hard decision What a cool opportunity.  It is an amazing job.  Good luck I hope you are happy with whatever decision you make.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN