Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend on groceries a month?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok. In our house, $200 or little bit over that is what can spend each month. It's out budget...sometimes it just doesn't last us the whole month. There are only three of us (two adults and our toddler) and I can't seem to shop to make it last in our home for a whole month? Maybe we have to spend more? I don't know. Last time, I went to the Farmer's Market for meats and other things...and to the Dollar Tree for sides and snacks. Hubby told me we need to buy "real" food? I am like, it is all food!!! I am not sure what that means, but whatever...I am the only trying to make a meal so....but yeah, how much do you think is enough for 3 people?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ilovebnamommy08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You totally need a Grocery Outlet :) The BEST  Grocery store ever cuz I got there and spend like 160.00 but, my reciept says I spent over 300.00 and I saved a 140.00 I love that store

luvntrece1st
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

i usually spend like 300 a month for just me and my daughter she's 3 .... i occationally will cook when we at hme but some nights we are just snacking that is just usually like a couple sandwiches and chips or something qick fix  but it usually lasts us for the whole month because we are usually not home all day during the week just on the week ends when i need to get hmwk done because i am a full time student

susieQ680
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I spend 150 to to 200 for 2 people. I would say 300 would be about right amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortycmlb
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM

We have a 4 person household at it's between $200-$400. Depends on which month it is that we stock up on shelf stable stuff (rice, beans, noodles, canned veggies, snacks etc) and buy bulk meat (40-50lbs in one shot at sams lasts 2-3months). Usually its $250 for every day stuff and every other month its another $250 at Sams.

LoriLou75
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Roughly $1,000, for a family of 6.

twoblues
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I wish I knew. My DH and I both shop, so it's hard to tell. If I had to guess, I would go with $150 a week (two adults, two toddlers). We buy a lot of the kid's food at Whole Foods and it's outrageously expensive.
Ilovebnamommy08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

we spend about 500 a month family of 3 but, I spread it out between Walmart, Grocery Outlet, and Costco and it last the whole month I like to stock pile things and I will also go out when there are certain deals and stock up on the deals. LOL!!!

krazymami028
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I spend anywhere from 250 to 400 a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cshepard
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM
About $400 there is 2 adults a 15 and 10 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I want to know how anyone could feed a family (even a small family of 3) on less than $500/month!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN