Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do you do...?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 49 Replies

I'm bored with life right now.  What do you do?  volunteering...where? making a difference...how?  I want to know it all....  going to school..for what..?  Hobbies... anything.  I'm SO bored right now and this is what I thought about. 

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nikkij-j
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

BUMP!

RhondaVeggie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I volunteer at school one day a week; I'm there pretty much all day for three different things. I go to the gym the other four days. That doesn't leave much time to get bored between housework and errands and kid stuff.
Nikkij-j
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM

what do you do at the school?  I know my mom volunteered at the library when I was in school.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I volunteer at school one day a week; I'm there pretty much all day for three different things. I go to the gym the other four days. That doesn't leave much time to get bored between housework and errands and kid stuff.

Nikkij-j
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

BUMP!

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM
I was a cattary assistant in a no kill shelter. Then I started having health issues and had to have surgery. So I have to take it easy in the couch :( that's what I have to do for 2 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM

You can volunteer to deliver meals for Meals on Wheels. You can volunteer at a local VA clinic or hospital to help the veterans. You can volunteer at homeless shelters or the YWCA.

I plan to become a CASA (Court Appointed Specialty Advocate), basically a guardian ad leitum for custody cases concerning children who have CPS involved in their lives. That's through the YWCA, they are ALWAYS looking for volunteers in my area.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I work. I'm a nurse. In my off time AJ keeps me busy. He's a very active boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on May. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I work at Family Dollar twice a week. It's good to get out of the house and my coworkers are really cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikkij-j
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I didn't even know that had a name!  did you just get hired as that or did you go to schooling?  vet assist or something?

Quoting Whisper85:

I was a cattary assistant in a no kill shelter. Then I started having health issues and had to have surgery. So I have to take it easy in the couch :( that's what I have to do for 2 months

krista778
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Im on the Government Realtions and Advocacy Committee for the national ms society. Also am in another Committee called DAGAT (disabled activists going against tobacco) I also work 2 days a week at the nmss. And in my "down time" Im cleaning, taking my 4yr old dd to various classes or playdates and cooking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN