Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question for moms with teen daughters

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 22 Replies
What do you think is an appropriate age for a nose piercing ?
My little sister 14 & she wants her nose pierced her mom is a older soo she's just like "whatever do what you want" but my dad is kinda on the fence about it,soo he asked me what did I think...well my girls aren't teens yet (THANK God!!) soo what do you guys think ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshlor2
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM
If school allows it then I would let her. Honestly it's her face and if they don't mind it and school allows it I would rather take her to a reputable place than for her to get her friend to do it for her. KWIM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on May. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I would think at 14 that it was fine. I let DD have her ear cartlidge pierced by that age.

HelloKitty86
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Why not? It won't hurt anyone, and she can always take it out later if she doesn't like it.

Aspiemom0203
1 mom liked this
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids can get piercings and tattoos when they are of legal age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2_3blessings
18 I won't sign for nothing! If she can't get it done professionally on her own without adult permission she doesn't get it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollFace-23
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I got mine done at 13, it's not a big deal as far as piercings go... it's easy to care for and doesn't hurt too bad... I would let her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM

my cousins got one at 14 and 15. but they have to take it out for sports, so i suggest holding off on it.

allornone
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I would not allow it.  I would explain that she can wait until she is an adult at 18 and she can pay for it herself. Please also explain to her not to do it at home or by a friend because if they hit a nerve it might paralyze her face.

What if she wanted to smoke or drink would your mom or dad care?  Its hard being a parent but we sometimes have to set boundaries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)