Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Euthanize or adopt?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 58 Replies
I am a dog groomer, and was just reading an interesting post about pets that are adopted. I am curious if you (generally speaking) think most strays should be adopted to homes, or if they should be realistically evaluated and euthanized? It's jut that I see many pets that's have been adopted that maybe shouldn't have (IMO). Don't get me wrong, I see many that also make wonderful pets. My thought is that often times animal lovers and activists are so busy trying to save as many pets as they can, that often dogs that aren't suitable for rehoming, are rehomed, making for a bad situation (and possibly dangerous) for both pet and new owner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
No one.........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you, they need to be evaluated then re homed if possible, if not they should be put down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Oh, and can anything be done for my pugs smelly feet? They smell like Fritos. And they have a lot of hair between his toes, I tried trimming it, but he freaks . Can anything be done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I just think it is worse that a bad dog will be placed, while in the meantime a good dog will be put down because everyone's time money and energy went into finding the bad dog a home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy8606
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I think that you have a point because I think that there are some dogs that shouldn't be rehomed and would be better served by being euthanized, but that being said, we just adopted a puppy from a high kill shelter and it was the best thing we ever did.  She is the sweetest dog, and she and the kids get along so well I wounder what we did without her :)

Katenemsmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meghs822
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM
You're funny! A lot of pugs hate having their feet touched!

I'm a groomer too! I agree with you about evaluating them
Before rehoming them!

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Oh, and can anything be done for my pugs smelly feet? They smell like Fritos. And they have a lot of hair between his toes, I tried trimming it, but he freaks . Can anything be done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I have no problem with euthanization. They are animals, after all, and it's humane to end their life without inflicting torture they may endure. Same goes for those who are a danger to humans. It's sad that a human probably made them that way though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Funny thing is I'm serious.

I googled frito feet on dogs and it said hairy toes can cause that smell lol

Quoting meghs822:

You're funny! A lot of pugs hate having their feet touched!

I'm a groomer too! I agree with you about evaluating them

Before rehoming them!

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN