Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

was weight watchers worth the money?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

did you do weight watchers?  if so did you do it at a meeting or online?  was it worth the money?  did you see good LONG TERM results?  would you recommend it?  what are the pros and cons?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM

bump!

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I did it for three months lost six pounds. After I got the hang of portion control ad eating right I cancelled the monthly charge :) i am now down to my pre pregnancy weight and still dropping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM

bump!

siouxssie
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Do you still count points?

Quoting KelliansMom:

I did it for three months lost six pounds. After I got the hang of portion control ad eating right I cancelled the monthly charge :) i am now down to my pre pregnancy weight and still dropping.

tansyflower
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM

so is it a calorie counting/food measuring program?  if so about how many calories a day is the program?  i have had a hard time trying to figure out what "exactly" it is lol :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

mitchiesgirl
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM
My mom did it and she still goes to her monthly weigh ins.... She said it helps her held accountable to keep her weight off. She's been at or within 5 lbs of her original goal weight for years now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM
No not really I pretty much got most of the values memorized, I don't venture far out of I'm comfort zone in food lol I'm also back in to working out a min of three days a week.

Quoting siouxssie:

Do you still count points?

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
It's a point system I'm not sure what the calories I was taking in bc it was done with points. Now sparkepeople.com if a good place for that info ad it's free

Quoting tansyflower:

so is it a calorie counting/food measuring program?  if so about how many calories a day is the program?  i have had a hard time trying to figure out what "exactly" it is lol :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM

thanks!  i just had a baby a few weeks ago and gained WAAAAAY too much weight!  with my first son i lost 80 pounds in nine months after he was born gutting and remodeling our house by myself....thats not the case this time around and i really want to get my portion control in the right place as soon as i can. 

Quoting KelliansMom:

It's a point system I'm not sure what the calories I was taking in bc it was done with points. Now sparkepeople.com if a good place for that info ad it's free

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting KelliansMom:

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM
The sparkepeople website has a section just for moms. I only found this site after I did ww

Quoting tansyflower:

thanks!  i just had a baby a few weeks ago and gained WAAAAAY too much weight!  with my first son i lost 80 pounds in nine months after he was born gutting and remodeling our house by myself....thats not the case this time around and i really want to get my portion control in the right place as soon as i can. 

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN