Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So one of my very good friends is getting married in two months, her invites are beautiful and today she got her wedding dress, well of course she is super happy and her hubby to be even though he hasn't seen it is excited too, so of course he shared on FB that she had got her dress.. Of course its facebook so there is always that ONE comment which is completely uncalled for but one of his friends thought this was the best place to write "better still get an invite!!!" I was kinda shocked since I know my friend doesn't really care for this friend, and I think she kinda found it quite 'threatening' is that the right word?? I feel sorry for this girl I really do she has had nothing but drama with this wedding.

ETA I do think she is sensitive because like I said she has had a lot of family drama with Grandparents not coming because he wants his step-dad to be there, his sister boycotting the wedding cos his mom isn't invited, his best man deciding not come... Etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM
What's the big deal about that comment? Its not even bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2girlsYES
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Maybe it was meant to be read jokingly??? Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM

it's classless, but not OMG worthy, or pissed off worthy. Sounds like some hormones are flying around.

Mama2ETA
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM

thats exactlly what he was saying, that or he was just kidding and knew he wouldnt be invited and was being sarcastic. Either way, I wouldn't even think to repeat or hash it out. How petty.

Quoting LuctorEtEmergo:

I just think after everything is just overly sensitive, I could see her point though, like he is expecting an invite

MomRocs1102
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Right no thats not rude at all

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I do think she is sensitive because like I said she has had a lot of family drama with Grandparents not coming because he wants his step-dad to be there, his sister boycotting the wedding cos his mom isn't invited, his best man deciding not come... Etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I don't see it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
by WINNING! on May. 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I don't see how it's rude...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Her petty or him petty?

Quoting Mama2ETA:

thats exactlly what he was saying, that or he was just kidding and knew he wouldnt be invited and was being sarcastic. Either way, I wouldn't even think to repeat or hash it out. How petty.

Quoting LuctorEtEmergo:

I just think after everything is just overly sensitive, I could see her point though, like he is expecting an invite

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SticksnStones
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM

No I haven't.  Is that another of hers?  I keep an eye out for other movies she is in, but they are not mainstream so I don't see them.  =(

Quoting LuctorEtEmergo:

I love it too! Have you seen " A very long engagement"

Quoting SticksnStones:

I think you could read it as threatening, but more likely just a sarcastic request to be invited.  I love your avatar. =)  One of my favorite movies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)