Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
There are ANTS in my bed!!! Apparently DH or my kids have been eating in my bed!!!

*munch* *munch* *munch*

Couldn't have been me!! ;-) ok yes I enjoy popcorn in my bed while watching a movie after the kids are in bed and before DH gets home. What have y'all found in your bed?

ETA: OK y'all have some freaky and FUNNY stories!! Keep em coming!! This is so entertaining! The roach pics are creepy though, give me the heeby jeebies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (261-269):
sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM

gross!

sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM

spiders a couple times, my oldest was probably 6 months and i was gonna put him in bed with me after his feeding because dh was at work and i whipped the covers back and there was a huge spider on dh side, glad i checked the covers first!! and one other time at a different house, we had an infestation and dh was always getting bit on his feet, we only found em probably twice...i never got bit..but 7 months ago we moved and dh hasn't gotten bit since so it was just that house...gross!

PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Yuck!! Glad you're rid of that nasty place!

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

spiders a couple times, my oldest was probably 6 months and i was gonna put him in bed with me after his feeding because dh was at work and i whipped the covers back and there was a huge spider on dh side, glad i checked the covers first!! and one other time at a different house, we had an infestation and dh was always getting bit on his feet, we only found em probably twice...i never got bit..but 7 months ago we moved and dh hasn't gotten bit since so it was just that house...gross!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I sat on one once when I was a kid, those sucker HURT!!! Sounds like Arizona and New Mexico have a ton of em! I well be staying far away!!

Quoting natty31105:

Ok, this is gonna be a long story but its not as creepy without all the details. Bout 7 years ago, I was still living with my parents. I was in bed and woke up to my finger throbbing in pain. I sat up and turned the light on. (I had a string hanging down from the ceiling fan to turn on the light at a moments notice...im a puss in the dark). Anyway, Im investigating my finger but cant figure out the cause of pain. Im still halfway asleep so I turn the light off and lay back down. A few seconds later, I felt something crawl across my hairline. I sat up again, turned the light on..started throwing around my covers, my pillow...still to find nothing wrong!! I turned off the light and laid back down. Again, I felt it...something behind my ear. I jump up again and this time shake the hell out of my head...something is in my hair!!!! I hear something plop on my pillow...it was a FUCKING SCORPION!!!! *shudders* That is just not ok :( Arizona can kiss my ass lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
It will make your skin crawl!!

Quoting DallasGirl214:

Lol no I haven't. I'm sitting at restaurant waiting for my food so I'm afraid to look.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Oh I hate those things!! Especially when they fly across the room! Did you see the pic a pp put up? Eww!!!

Quoting DallasGirl214:

We didn't find anything in our bed but one night I was standing in the restroom washing my face and brushing teeth. DH was already in bed and had just turned on the heater for the first time since winter started. As I was walking to the bed I froze. DH was so freaked out by the look on my face he jumped out of bed yelling. There was a huge cockroach going down the wall towards his head. It had come out of the vent above our bed. *shudders*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootncrazy
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Bump to read later!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM
It's a good read!! Make sure you have your feet off the floor, all the lights on, and a can of raid. Some are TOTALLY funny!!

Quoting barefootncrazy:

Bump to read later!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I closed all the doors in the house and opened up the outside doors and then shooo'd for about 20 minutes...

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Poor birdie, I hope it wasn't hurt.

Quoting zeesmuse:

A bird!!!

We were bringing in groceries and I guess it flew in... and made it upstairs to my bedroom. It woke me up about 5 AM when it got tangled in my covers... poor scared thing...

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM

:-)

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Thank you!!

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

Sending positive thoughts for your aunts.  May they kick cancer's ass to the curb!

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Several times. Right now I have two aunts fighting breast cancer. So far so good, they are such strong women and are keeping their heads up.

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

Sounds like you have been there.  You are right.  It's a very helpless feeling.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

It does and standing by watching is so hard. It so hard not being able to make everything better.

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

Thank you.  It was really hard.  Cancer sucks.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Oh yikes! That just makes my skin crawl!!!! NASTY!!

I hate that about your family member.

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

We couldn't.  The relative stuck in bed was a very close family member dying of cancer and we were down to help out.  I did make a bunch of roach balls with borax, onion and sugar though and that seemed to lessen the ranks.  Whenever we got home, I would shake out my laundry and check it though.  They weren't coming home with me.  Shudder.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

OMG NASTY!!!! I'd have gone to a hotel!!!!

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

These, more than once, when visiting family.  They live near a sewer farm and they couldn't spray at the time because there was a bedbound relative in the house.  I found the damn bugs crawling on me and it freaked me the heck out.  Sooooo gross. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN