Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

From my rapist and his family...they are Amish. Well I guess I am not, they all have FB accounts. I was contacted by one of his sisters today, I am ignoring the message. 

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
.Beloved.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM

why did you post the link to her FB page? what exactly are you trying to accomplish? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from but, still...I see no point in doing that.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting .Beloved.:

why did you post the link to her FB page? what exactly are you trying to accomplish by doing that? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from but, still...I see no point in doing that.

I was shocked and shared, its removed.

Jujubeauty
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Hello
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Block them and make your FB private.

specialwingz
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I am very aware of the differences.  I built my 1st house on the edge of an Amish community.  They actually pitched in and helped.  My best friends and neighbors were all Amish.  Many of the people in the closest town were Mennonites.  So, I am fully aware of the differences between the two.

I know this technology is not in the true Amish home or community.  But, there is nothing stopping them from sneaking to a public library and getting on a computer there.  There are always those who buck their family ways.

Quoting newfound09:

They are Amish. I liver in the same area as the op. I also live in an area with mennonites there are obvious differences.

Op just block them.

Quoting specialwingz:

Amish do not choose to use modern technology.  Mennonites, on the other hand, are Amish who went against the technology beliefs.  Kind of like the Episcopalians branched off of the Catholics.

VintageWife
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

^^^What's with the person saying hi that just joined less than 5 minutes ago?

kathislove80
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM
This

Quoting nicndetsmom:

Amish people on fb. Who knew?

OP, I'm sorry you are going through this. Block them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Then they are not Amish

newfound09
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Smh

Quoting specialwingz:

I am very aware of the differences.  I built my 1st house on the edge of an Amish community.  They actually pitched in and helped.  My best friends and neighbors were all Amish.  Many of the people in the closest town were Mennonites.  So, I am fully aware of the differences between the two.

I know this technology is not in the true Amish home or community.  But, there is nothing stopping them from sneaking to a public library and getting on a computer there.  There are always those who buck their family ways.

Quoting newfound09:

They are Amish. I liver in the same area as the op. I also live in an area with mennonites there are obvious differences.

Op just block them.

Quoting specialwingz:

Amish do not choose to use modern technology.  Mennonites, on the other hand, are Amish who went against the technology beliefs.  Kind of like the Episcopalians branched off of the Catholics.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The entire Amish community here has some form of technology they use. Most have phone accounts with internet, the parents are buying video games for the kids and some have TV with VCRs. Yes, in my area the Amish use some technology, not just one or two of them but most of them.

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting newfound09:

Op just block them.

Quoting specialwingz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)