Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My crappy attitude

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
Does anyone have advice for me, I'm pissed off and miserable a lot of the time and want to stop making everyone around me miserable too. I'm broke, my husband cheated on me and won't even give me a back rub without complaining. Now I just want to move past my anger about my situation.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TugBoatMama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Find an outlet like kickboxing or the gym or something. I love a good run when I am angry. The endorphins I feel afterward really change my mood and I sleep so much better at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Id be angry too. 

Before you 'move past' that anger, make sure you deal with it. If you stuff it it will come out sideways in some way you wont like (for me that would be weight gain!)

id see a therapist in this situation.

waffa
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It is hard. I used to be a really angry negative person, but have worked on it.

I woke up one day thinking I no longer want to be that person (by starting this thread, that is kinda 1st step for you). I choose to not react in a negative way now. I also work out to burn off energy & stress which really, really, REALLY helps. I do breathing techniques (in the nose, out the mouth=good in, bad out), and constantly remind myself to center my Chi & recite a quote from Bruce Lee "Mind like water" (this is just stuff to take my mind off of w/e has me pissed off).

Quoting coffeecake1:

Does anyone have advice for me, I'm pissed off and miserable a lot of the time and want to stop making everyone around me miserable too. I'm broke, my husband cheated on me and won't even give me a back rub without complaining. Now I just want to move past my anger about my situation.

waffa
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM

wink mini

jadsmummy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Let it all go. Everything that hurt you pissed you off let you down let it all go and the implemented positive self talk. When you start to.feel angry or aggression use positive self talk to mentally work.through what's happening. Compliment yourself give yourself recognition for the good you do. As for your husband start over. Romance each other. Make love physically and emotionally often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamamanic
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It is a very hard think to break. My mother was very negative and unless you want it to rub off on your kids like it did me, then you must break the cycle. One thing that helped me get better was trying to provide 3 compliments a day to each member of my family. Or do the share one good, one bad thing from the day at your inner table. I know certain times of the day also are a struggle. I had to tell dh to leave me alone for the first 1/2 hr I wake up. And the wear from bedtime routines can make me frustrated, so the routine needed to chang. It is hard and you will have fall backs. Right now being in finacial struggle it is even harder for me as well.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. ((HUGS)) and good luck!

Quoting ferrellmt:

Id be angry too. 

Before you 'move past' that anger, make sure you deal with it. If you stuff it it will come out sideways in some way you wont like (for me that would be weight gain!)

id see a therapist in this situation.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN