Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Were you this annoying while pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay I have had three kids myself so I do know that being pregnant can be uncomfortable but some women truly go overboard. My cousin Ashley is pregnant with her second child. She found out about a month ago and she is so obnoxious. She updates her every move on facebook telling everyone what she has for every meal and all her cravings. She talks about how she makes her husband and Mom run all over town for snacks she is craving. Everything is about her and she is just so annoying. She makes her husband wait on her hand and foot after he worked all day. She stays home with their son.My Mom and I were talking about how we were never like that when we were pregnant. I never was one to draw attention to myself. I didn't act like I was handicap because I was pregnant. I would do things for myself and didn't expect my husband to come home after he worked all day and do housework and do everything for the kids. My question is what kind of pregnant woman were you? Did you like people catering to your every need or do you find that type of behavior annoying too?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
inspain
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

With DD, ten years ago, I didn't tell anyone other than my husband and mother and my best friend, until after my amnio at 18 weeks.  I didn't talk endlessly about being pregnant because I was aware I was not the first person to make a human and I'd always found that kind of chatter to be dull.

Pregnant again now and nearly 14 weeks.  I can count on one hand the number of people I've told and I actually rather enjoyed a very awkward conversation on Friday with someone who suspects.  I'm pooching out way earlier than I did with DD and this person actually mentioned the pooch.  I think they were expecting me to admit to pregnancy.  Instead, I just smiled and said that I was just porking-out a bit, due to over-eating and too little exercise.  Made 'em squirm with embarrassment.  They'll get me for it when the truth finally comes out, but for now, it was fun.  I'm thinking of just claiming "fatness" until I can no longer reasonably get away with it.  That way maybe I can avoid the questions, the conversations and any attempts to touch my belly. 

My feeling is, if don't want to talk about my pregnacy, what makes you think I want to hear about yours.  Nah, I prefer to leave the discussion of my baby-making with strangers on the internet.   ;-)

trishasjunebug
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Nah I got a 3 year old and a 9 month old to raise, I can't act handicap :) This is my Fiance's first baby so he likes to surprise me all the time with goodies and try to take care of me because he wants to so I let him :)

Tigress22304
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

If I wasn't at work sitting on my ass in the office (alone) I was home. I rarely left my house-stayed in bed alot (due to health reasons) I refused to be around ppl because i didn't want to be that bitchy pregnant woman. And yes I did everything myself.

Candymonster
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I complain about some pains but only when they're extremely terrible: last night had heartburn for 3 hours, I kid not.... But I update about my babies appointments or every now and then I talk about how excited I am or a funny dream that I had with the baby in it. Kinda actin like a pregnant princess but eh, it's a special time, I don't do it, but whatever floats her boat.
sbreece
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Im pregnant now and can not stand people waiting on me hand and foot like I'm some invalid or something! I get so aggravated (quietly of course..I'd never make them feel like I was being ungrateful) when my husband or usually its my MIL who makes me feel like I should be sitting and resting while everyone else does everything for me. I hate it :(
Im pregnant not crippled. I am grateful. I love my family. They are some of the most wonderful people I've ever met. But.. I am a very independent person. Im not used to being spoiled.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I would unsubscribe from her feed. Sometimes, you just have to.

For the record, I cried at the least thing. I dropped something, I cried, my husband said he loved me, I cried. I felt the baby move, I cried. My sister threatened to just follow me around with a bucket. I cried.

Ednarooni160
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Each pregnancy was different,.. I had "happy" pregnancies, and not so happy ones.  I was really sick with one  of them. There was no one to cater to me persay..(I think my husband did run to a store once)...except one lady who did help me through the time I was sick, she was a friend..bless her heart. 

mistealea
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I worked all the way up until I had my ds. I went into work at 4pm and my water broke at 5pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I was a bitch during Sergio's pregnancy,&i hAted how everyone watched my every move.
Are you eating right!! Don't pick that up its to heavy!! Don't do that! Don't go walking! You should move the bed downstairs! Stairs are dangerous for pregos -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grairaven
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I was irritable but I did for myself.  I worked.  I cleaned. I cooked.  The only thing I asked Hubbers to do was the dishes cause I couldn't be on my feet for that long because of swelling and vericose veins.  He also bathed the DD and put her to bed because I had troubles with round ligament pain at the end.  Otherwise?  HE babied ME.  I never asked.  But he was sweet.  I would always apologize to him and he would just tell me I was pregnant and stop apologising.  *Shrugs*  My cousin was like this too.  I eventually unfriended her on my FB and stopped talking to her altogether.  She's my cousin, not exactly necessary for me to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)