Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

EEEKKK!! I shot my first snake of the season *PIC*

Posted by   + Show Post

I cannot believe that I shot this thing while I was standing on my front porch!! We smoke outside, so I was going to smoke a cigarette, and this is what I saw. We're used to seeing copperheads, rattlesnakes, black racers, etc. but I have never personally seen any snake this long (though I know they are out there). For those wondering, I now know that this is a coachwhip (they'll chase you!!) and from what I've been told, they eat mice and such. I don't care...a snake is a snake to me...other than a king snake of course. The funny thing is, my mom kept telling me "Shoot it again! Shoot it again!!" When I went out later to water my plants, I noticed that in the process of shooting this snake, I shot the water line coming under the trailer from our kitchen sink. I was so worried my dh was gonna be pissed at me, but he was really great about it and fixed it as soon as he got home.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (211-215):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on May. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

A blue runner did indeed chase my dad once.

Quoting Kimsd:

Snakes don't chase people, that's just stupid shit ignorant people believe. No snake regardless of size will chase you. Not a "water moccasin" (actually called a cotton mouth) and not a 20 ft python. if they appear to chase you it's only because they're dumb animals and are going the wrong way. Really wish people would take a couple minutes to research on their own about snake before thinking they're all bad and out to get you. Most of the snakes you come across are harmless and beneficial. Driving down rodent populations, which increases farmers profits and in turn reducing diseases carried by nice.
Since most of you are damn near retarded I'll inform you that actual venomous snakes are rare. venomous snake casualties are in the single digits annually. More people are killed by lightning. Your water moccasin? It's probably just a water snake, they look similar. Your rattlesnake? Could be any number of non venomous rat snakes or hog nosed snakes. They all vibrate their tails in the leaf litter and any retard will tell their friends it's a rattlesnake so their story sounds more exciting. Doesn't sound so cool when you tell your friend you shot a harmless and beneficial animal because you're stupid.

Instead of jumping on the bandwagon of snake haters do 10 minutes of research to form your own opinion and be a smarter person. just because it isn't fluffy and it's not pretty to you doesn't mean it's not as important to the earth as the tigers going extinct. Also many of the snakes you see are endangered, hope all you ignorant snake killers get fined for your low IQ.

nebraskamamaof2
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Wow, that thing is huge *shudders*
moneysaver6
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
We haven't either. However, we wouldn't hesitate to do so should we encounter a rattler.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

I carry and I hike , have never needed to shoot a snake.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Shooting snakes & coyotes is the reason many carry out here if they go hiking in the desert.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

I dont understand why people shoot snakes .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatinbriansmom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM

wow! That is big. I wouldnt get anywhere near it!

tatinbriansmom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Some do.

Quoting night.magic:

A blue runner did indeed chase my dad once.

Quoting Kimsd:

Snakes don't chase people, that's just stupid shit ignorant people believe. No snake regardless of size will chase you. Not a "water moccasin" (actually called a cotton mouth) and not a 20 ft python. if they appear to chase you it's only because they're dumb animals and are going the wrong way. Really wish people would take a couple minutes to research on their own about snake before thinking they're all bad and out to get you. Most of the snakes you come across are harmless and beneficial. Driving down rodent populations, which increases farmers profits and in turn reducing diseases carried by nice.
Since most of you are damn near retarded I'll inform you that actual venomous snakes are rare. venomous snake casualties are in the single digits annually. More people are killed by lightning. Your water moccasin? It's probably just a water snake, they look similar. Your rattlesnake? Could be any number of non venomous rat snakes or hog nosed snakes. They all vibrate their tails in the leaf litter and any retard will tell their friends it's a rattlesnake so their story sounds more exciting. Doesn't sound so cool when you tell your friend you shot a harmless and beneficial animal because you're stupid.

Instead of jumping on the bandwagon of snake haters do 10 minutes of research to form your own opinion and be a smarter person. just because it isn't fluffy and it's not pretty to you doesn't mean it's not as important to the earth as the tigers going extinct. Also many of the snakes you see are endangered, hope all you ignorant snake killers get fined for your low IQ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)