Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

EEEKKK!! I shot my first snake of the season *PIC*

Posted by   + Show Post

I cannot believe that I shot this thing while I was standing on my front porch!! We smoke outside, so I was going to smoke a cigarette, and this is what I saw. We're used to seeing copperheads, rattlesnakes, black racers, etc. but I have never personally seen any snake this long (though I know they are out there). For those wondering, I now know that this is a coachwhip (they'll chase you!!) and from what I've been told, they eat mice and such. I don't care...a snake is a snake to me...other than a king snake of course. The funny thing is, my mom kept telling me "Shoot it again! Shoot it again!!" When I went out later to water my plants, I noticed that in the process of shooting this snake, I shot the water line coming under the trailer from our kitchen sink. I was so worried my dh was gonna be pissed at me, but he was really great about it and fixed it as soon as he got home.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM
13 moms liked this
Lmfao I was waiting for animal rights to pop in and spout some ignorant bull shit! Thanks for not keeping me waiting.

Quoting grey7399:

You really felt the need to shoot a non lethal, non poisonous snake multiple times?  

Its also a shy snake and if its "chasing" someone its only trying to get away since there is little point in attacking something 100 times more massive than itself with no venom.

You're disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Wow really? That's all it takes for you to deem someone disgusting? Good thing you don't know me personally, because you would really be freakin out then. Hahahahaha!!

Quoting grey7399:

You really felt the need to shoot a non lethal, non poisonous snake multiple times?  

Its also a shy snake and if its "chasing" someone its only trying to get away since there is little point in attacking something 100 times more massive than itself with no venom.

You're disgusting.

3LittleMonstrs
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM
6 moms liked this
I chase snakes with the lawn mower. Always cracks me up when there's zigzags in my yard when I'm done mowing. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Holy mother of bananas. That bitch is long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM
3 moms liked this

I'll tell you why. I don't want to get bit or chased, and I damn sure don't want my kids or animals to.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

I dont understand why people shoot snakes .

grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

How am I ignorant?
I catch coach whips monthly here.  They are fast and long.  But they speed off each and every time.  I've never had one chase me.

The large ones are relocated DOZENS of miles away and the smaller ones are allowed to stick around.

I catch them, I handle them, they are bitey bastards and DEFINITELY non lethal.  Nature has a balance to keep.

I have a farm.  I'm not an animal rights activist.  I would be picketed by them if I were large enough to get them some attention.  So lets look at the term "ignorant" here.  Which one of us is really ignorant?  The moron city slicker who can't tell a venomous snake from her big toe or the woman who deals with them nearly daily? 

Quoting stockuponlove:

Lmfao I was waiting for animal rights to pop in and spout some ignorant bull shit! Thanks for not keeping me waiting.

Quoting grey7399:

You're disgusting.

grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I truely doubt you would freak me out but considering your recklessness in discharging a firearm and your inability to tell the difference between a garden hose and a snake... I wouldn't want to cross paths with you.

Quoting Bozo75:

Wow really? That's all it takes for you to deem someone disgusting? Good thing you don't know me personally, because you would really be freakin out then. Hahahahaha!!

Quoting grey7399:

You're disgusting.

kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Want some help? Buy moth balls they are really cheap. Make a border around your yard spacing them a few inches from each other. Replace when rains they dissolve away. This really helps keep them away. Learned it from a pest control guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

This was good, you had me rollin, especially when i saw the animal rights post. LOL

Quoting stockuponlove:

Ugh how could you shoot an innocent snake. I mean Jesus you could put a sign up or something. Don't you know it has a family and it's not the snakes fault. Ugh

Totally kidding. But damn I couldn't resist.

stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Well honey not everyone is as cool and country as you. Some people don't want to be but by snakes and it's not really everyone's job to know what snakes are lethal and which ones aren't.

Also, relocation means that there is a reason they are doing that.
And if you live on a farm I am sure you kill your fair share of shit and it doesn't make you a disgusting person because you're on a farm right?!?
Lol

Quoting grey7399:

How am I ignorant?
I catch coach whips monthly here.  They are fast and long.  But they speed off each and every time.  I've never had one chase me.

The large ones are relocated DOZENS of miles away and the smaller ones are allowed to stick around.

I catch them, I handle them, they are bitey bastards and DEFINITELY non lethal.  Nature has a balance to keep.

I have a farm.  I'm not an animal rights activist.  I would be picketed by them if I were large enough to get them some attention.  So lets look at the term "ignorant" here.  Which one of us is really ignorant?  The moron city slicker who can't tell a venomous snake from her big toe or the woman who deals with them nearly daily? 

Quoting stockuponlove:

Quoting grey7399:

You're disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN