Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those who claim to have OCD when they really don't

Posted by   + Show Post

LMFAO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
supermama322
by Made in Canada on May. 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Like a little personal prison :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

Ugh I hate when people say that and aren't! Being OCD is not fun! It's a curse I swear lol. It makes things very difficult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Yes, I've gotten much better but it used to be awful. People make fun of me all the time because I'm anal and my house looks like it's not lived in, they don't know what it like to not sleep until everything is PERFECT.

Quoting supermama322:

Quoting nocalmegan:

Ugh I hate when people say that and aren't! Being OCD is not fun! It's a curse I swear lol. It makes things very difficult.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Made in Canada on May. 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM
You're not alone. People have told me I'm so lucky that ocd keeps my house clean. :/

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yes, I've gotten much better but it used to be awful. People make fun of me all the time because I'm anal and my house looks like it's not lived in, they don't know what it like to not sleep until everything is PERFECT.

Quoting supermama322:

Quoting nocalmegan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM
It's not lucky tho. I rather keep it clean because I want to, not because it'll haunt me if I don't ya know.

Quoting supermama322:

You're not alone. People have told me I'm so lucky that ocd keeps my house clean. :/

Quoting nocalmegan:

Quoting supermama322:

Quoting nocalmegan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby.on.board
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hahaha that's funny! I have OCD with random things... and it makes me feel awkward sometimes.... 

Like I can't eat the ends of french fries.. I sit on beds when I first walk into a room with one... its annoying and embarressing sometimes...

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Quoting Mandiii04:

Quoting seraphimsong:

Do people really claim to have it without a diagnosis? Dumb. It's not something I would say I have for funsies. I wish I didn't have it at all!!

Yeah!  They say things like "omg I am so OCD about locking my doors.  I check them, like, 3 times before bed!" or "I'm so OCD because I wash my hands a lot... like 10 times a day"

It drives me bananas.  People like that make me lose my faith in humanity.  LOL

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I have never understand why people say they have that when they don't. It doesn't seem like something that would be fun to deal with. I am a clean freak, but I never say that I have OCD. It also aggravates me when someone says that THEY are OCD. No, you may have OCD, but you are not OCD. You can not BE a disorder.

ClassyMom619
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

LMAO

Mandiii04
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Oh that last part drives me fucking batty!!
Like:

"I'm so OCD that la la la"

Or

"my DS is ADHD"

I want to shake them and say "if you had cancer would you say "I am cancer" or "I have cancer"? Or if you had irritable bowel syndrome... "I am IBS" or "I have IBS"?

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

I have never understand why people say they have that when they don't. It doesn't seem like something that would be fun to deal with. I am a clean freak, but I never say that I have OCD. It also aggravates me when someone says that THEY are OCD. No, you may have OCD, but you are not OCD. You can not BE a disorder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM
It is horrible. I don't know if my sister technically had OCD, she was obsessive about washing her hands but it was because she had a phobia of puking so she was constantly washing her hands and she was incredibly strict about meat prep, hated eating out or eating food that other people made. For a cople of years her hands were constantly cracked and bleeding from the constant washing. Why would anyone want that or joke about it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)