Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those who claim to have OCD when they really don't

Posted by   + Show Post

LMFAO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Understand ---use to be like that--not no more but that took years to get where I am at right now--Thinking of you--

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yes, I've gotten much better but it used to be awful. People make fun of me all the time because I'm anal and my house looks like it's not lived in, they don't know what it like to not sleep until everything is PERFECT.

Quoting supermama322:

Like a little personal prison :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

Ugh I hate when people say that and aren't! Being OCD is not fun! It's a curse I swear lol. It makes things very difficult.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Understand--Does anyone notice or say anything?? My dh mainly knows  (but he is supportive--he will tell me (because I told him too) if I am like constanly checking doors or touching walls-just so I am aware but he is real nice about it when he tellls me----and I try to limit myself--somedays are easier than other--

Quoting abbymommy915:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

I have OCD-but better throughout the years-it started because of me being sexually abused as a child--

So as a teen-I was a super clean freak-like scrub floors with toothbrush and check corners on walls for no cobwebs and everything in cupboards had to be facing the right way and soup cans had to be in alphabetical order--I am not that way anymore-just look in my cupboards-and check my floors-floors are clean but I am sure there are crumbs in the corners of them or cobwebs behind the fridge--I use to be like a super clean freak

I would not stop cleaning or sit down when I was younger until my legs actually hurt--I look back on that--and yeah that was pretty sad--but no more like that

Now I still do have to touch walls--OCD and check door knobs --make sure they are locked quite a few times-it is a safety thing I think but I limit my self--I also had a gun to my head (by a stranger) and was thrown against a dresser-(not by my dh-heck no) as an adult

So I do have OCD but it is doing real well right now--

I have to touch all of my fingers together until both hands feel even and I check doorknobs too... My biggest thing is if anyone touches one of my knees I flip because it takes forever.for my knees to feel even

abbymommy915
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting lifeisajoy:

Noone notices unless I have one of my weirder ticks, like sticking something strange in my mouth so I can feel the texture on my tongue or touching people... I'm good at holding back when it comes to strangers, but not so good with family or friends. Touching walls and things like that never gets noticed, I guess I just seem bored.
TheMrs407
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Hahaha! I think I know a few people with OCD.

AdellesMom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting abbymommy915:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Noone notices unless I have one of my weirder ticks, like sticking something strange in my mouth so I can feel the texture on my tongue or touching people... I'm good at holding back when it comes to strangers, but not so good with family or friends. Touching walls and things like that never gets noticed, I guess I just seem bored.

Sorry if I missed other things, but do you think it's more of a sensory issue?

abbymommy915
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Quoting TheMrs407:

not sure, I was diagnosed with ocd about ten years ago and I just left it at that and didnt look any more into it. Now that you mention it though, most of my ticks are about touching things and things touching me.
Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

LOL, at least it's not just me.

Quoting Mandiii04:

Oh that last part drives me fucking batty!!
Like:

"I'm so OCD that la la la"

Or

"my DS is ADHD"

I want to shake them and say "if you had cancer would you say "I am cancer" or "I have cancer"? Or if you had irritable bowel syndrome... "I am IBS" or "I have IBS"?

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

I have never understand why people say they have that when they don't. It doesn't seem like something that would be fun to deal with. I am a clean freak, but I never say that I have OCD. It also aggravates me when someone says that THEY are OCD. No, you may have OCD, but you are not OCD. You can not BE a disorder.

BabyCondo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM

OCD doesn't always have to do with being clean. I am not a clean/neat freak by any means, but I am diagnosed OCD. It's about having obsessive and/or compulsive behaviors and/or thoughts.  Mine just exist in a different way.

Sweetlemonlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Yes mine is more mental with the thoughts as well. I feel like I'm in a prison. mine started after dd was born. I was on zoloft but went off after 6 months. How do you deal with it?

Quoting BabyCondo:

OCD doesn't always have to do with being clean. I am not a clean/neat freak by any means, but I am diagnosed OCD. It's about having obsessive and/or compulsive behaviors and/or thoughts.  Mine just exist in a different way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN