Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The kitty cat

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 41 Replies

My baby emmie ( shes a cat lol) is almost one. She normally eats like one can of wet food a day and one bowl of dry food. But for the last week has eaten atleast double that. Yesterday she had 2 cans of wet food and 3 bowls of dry. I thought we had mice, or something but i was watching her today and shes really actually eating it all. She hasnt gotten out so shes not prego. Maybe its like a kitty growth spurt? Is this normal?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmomma232010
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

it might be

i think all animals go through a growth spurt just like kids lol

our puppy thinks his food will run away or something b/c he will scarf it down the secound he sees it

ittyprincess604
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

she moves her bowl. I always put it in the same spot. And she always move it to the 4 inch space between the fridge and the wall lol

Quoting lilmomma232010:

it might be

our puppy thinks his food will run away or something b/c he will scarf it down the secound he sees it

waffa
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I fill my boys' bowls in the morning before work & then again when I get home at 5.

Wet food is not good for cats b/c they are grazers, so you should have a full bowl of dry food for them at all times.

grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I think so?  My cats never seemed to stop growing till a year or two, depending on genetics.  One of my cats quit growing at 4 months.  My oldest cat grew for over 2 years.  He was a monster that could leap 9 feet in the air straight up.  now he's a lard ass at 40lbs.  But he can still jump 3 feet onto my bed.

lilmomma232010
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

lol, mickey moves his but he is still learning how to eat since he wont take the puppy bottle

Quoting ittyprincess604:

she moves her bowl. I always put it in the same spot. And she always move it to the 4 inch space between the fridge and the wall lol

Quoting lilmomma232010:

it might be

baby

ittyprincess604
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

excuse me but HOLY SHIT! thats more than my 3yr old weighs lol. I hope she doesnt grow that long or i might go broke lol

Quoting grey7399:

I think so?  My cats never seemed to stop growing till a year or two, depending on genetics.  One of my cats quit growing at 4 months.  My oldest cat grew for over 2 years.  He was a monster that could leap 9 feet in the air straight up.  now he's a lard ass at 40lbs.  But he can still jump 3 feet onto my bed.

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Well depending on the breed your cat could grow for 4 years like the Maine coone. My 1 year old tuxedo never ate much until he hit a year now he eats alot. But he also grew alot. Growth spurts are normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

oh i didnt know that. Thanks for the info, ill keep that in mind!

Quoting waffa:

I fill my boys' bowls in the morning before work & then again when I get home at 5.

Wet food is not good for cats b/c they are grazers, so you should have a full bowl of dry food for them at all times.

PinkieRed
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I have an 11 year old cat who's like a bottomless pit when it comes to food, LOL!

Seriously! No one can walk into the kitchen, without her running to her food bowl, waiting to get fed. And if I even get out the milk, or run the electric can opener, she starts squawking and meowing up a storm. She's like that when I cook chicken, too. She smells it cooking, and goes crazy.

I don't know where she's putting all that food, because she's not fat. She weights about 10 pounds, tops.

I leave her a bowl of dry food, and give her a can of Fancy Feast as an occasional treat. She has a water bowl too, and I give her fresh water a couple of times a day, so it's fresh and cold. She drinks a lot of water for a cat. Definitely give your cat dry food, in addition to the wet. Cats and dogs need dry food to help keep their teeth clean.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Omg that's how much my 4 year old weighs. That's a lot of cat

Quoting ittyprincess604:

excuse me but HOLY SHIT! thats more than my 3yr old weighs lol. I hope she doesnt grow that long or i might go broke lol

Quoting grey7399:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN