Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i need help getting new clothes

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 12 Replies
But I don't know where to begin. Is there a place I can go that can show me how to dress for my body. I want to look nice, but ill just give up and get jeans and baggy t shirts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Not that I know of so I'll just have to give you a bump, good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Check out catos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Bump, I'm having the same problem finding the right sizes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

um i know i alot of places near me have greeters or something of the sort and if you ask for assistance theyll probaby help you. Some stores pay by commission so theyll feel obligated to help lol

SticksnStones
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I know your pain, hon.  Seriously, why is it that they only sell size 16-18 jeans with the saggy pooch in the front?  My crotch is NOT that big.  The stores tell me differently. 

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

it depends on what you're wanting to spend per piece. Nordstroms and Von Maur have personal shoppers that help you choose your clothing. They also do tailoring right there. 

The Buckle is great for any type of jean. They also do tailoring (free) so you can focus more on your shape than the length (length is an issue for me)

grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

When I needed to dress for my post preggo body, I went to macys or dillards, explained my dilemma and they helped me shop.

I bought a couple of good basic jeans, undergarments and then took the new knowledge and went shopping at discount stores and flushed out my wardrobe on the cheap.

You don't need to say it, but do you know your body type?  Apple versus pear and shit like that?  You can google that and sites will generally pop up with helpful information

mes_deux_amours
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

department stores have personal shoppers, such as Nordstrom and Macy's I think. They can do that.

ShhhItsASecret
by Tiffany on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I don't think there is a body shape listed for me. I think its blob.

Quoting grey7399:

When I needed to dress for my post preggo body, I went to macys or dillards, explained my dilemma and they helped me shop.

I bought a couple of good basic jeans, undergarments and then took the new knowledge and went shopping at discount stores and flushed out my wardrobe on the cheap.

You don't need to say it, but do you know your body type?  Apple versus pear and shit like that?  You can google that and sites will generally pop up with helpful information

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)