Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If You Can't Do Your Job Then Quit

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
  • 3 Replies

I really want to say this to the woman who works the same job as my SO. It is a very physically demanding job. Basically you push heavy cart and if the track is down you are pushing them about a football length to their destination and back. The carts are about 900 lbs and the rolls you put on the carts are about 300-600 lbs.
My SO had to work a 16 hour shift cause someone called out. For 12 of those hours the track was down. This woman decided not to come in early like they are suppose. Basically if an operator calls out another operator is only suppose to stay over four hours or come in four hours early. This is mandatory, not a request. But because the track was down she made some bs excuse for not coming in. When she finally comes in there are some carts left to be put away. She tells my SO he better not leave her with that mess, even though she is notorious for screwing him over. He told her he is clocked out and she only had to put two carts away cause the rest were going to the slit line. She bitched at him all the way out the door. That was the other week.
Now my SO has to go into work four hours early to retrain another operator which isn't his job. She has seniority and she is suppose to do it.

I am sorry but if the job is too much on your body then quit. My SO isn't getting a seniority pay for coming in and doing these things. I know some women will say but she is a woman blah blah... but I am tired of this bitch always causing my SO extra hassle.

She was friends with the other supervisors who let her get away with this. I asked SO if he thought with the new supervisors she would be reprimanded and he said no. When I asked why he said cause she is the only female operator.

AngelDemon.gif picture by conweis

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
valkay
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I say if a woman can do a man's job then she should have it but if she can not then neither should she.  Woman complain that they are just as good as a man but in some jobs your body is not make to hold up the same. 

conweis
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM

My thoughts exactly. My SO has told me that small men have quit this position cause it is too much on them. This is not a job for light weights. I asked SO about his job cause at one time it had an opening and he told me flat out not for me. The only women (use to be two but one retired) who worked it were big like him.

Quoting valkay:

I say if a woman can do a man's job then she should have it but if she can not then neither should she.  Woman complain that they are just as good as a man but in some jobs your body is not make to hold up the same. 

AngelDemon.gif picture by conweis

stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Personally I've always maintained that if you want the same respect as a man in a mans world/ profession, then man up. Demand it and act like it. Don't bitch out and use your vagina to your advantage. If you want to lead with your vagina then strip clubs are always hiring!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN