Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Less than cute pics (pic heavy & reptiles +)

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 76 Replies
2 moms liked this

Armadillo alligator lizard

Our bearded dragon

My daughters baby blood red cornsnake

One of our 7 FBTs

FBT viv

spotted salamanders - they were just unpacked so their viv isn't fully set up yet.

I always forget this guys technical name so I just call him tangerine.  I'm unpacking him.

The tangerines viv. with the reptile room behind it

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Holy fuck do you own a pet shop? While reptiles don't really freak me out I could never do it. I effin hate and I mean hate crickets. Silly I know.
I want to get my girls a chameleon like pasquel on tangled, but they eat crickets so that's not happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:58 AM

*shudders*

Not my type of pets. 

grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM

armadillo alligator lizard close up

baby gopher snake.  another road basker

Horned toad - not a toad at all, its a lizard, he was basking in the road.  

This is a mating pair of kingsnakes.  buggers were in my macaw aviary freaking out the birds.  They were so enamoured with each other, lol, they didn't give a fig that I was picking them up and putting them in a box.

nicole6870
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM
While they're beautiful and interesting creatures...I hate snakes! *shudders* But they are beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I've worked in petshops, lol

eh I'm not into bugs either but our cricket keeper is COOL.  I never have to touch them!!!

Its feeding the snakes that creep me out.  Fortunately - my 9 yr old daughter has more balls than I do.  But we all agree we cannot feed live mice so we feed re=heated frozen mice....

you know what sucks though?  FEEDING THE CRICKETS.  you have to feed the buggers a good healthy diet so your animals get good healthy food, lol  that freaked my hubby out and kinda pissed him off.

Quoting stockuponlove:

Holy fuck do you own a pet shop? While reptiles don't really freak me out I could never do it. I effin hate and I mean hate crickets. Silly I know.
I want to get my girls a chameleon like pasquel on tangled, but they eat crickets so that's not happening.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Lol reptiles don't freak me out but I could never have them as pets either. Ick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm goingbto regret asking this, but how does one reheat a frozen dead mouse....

Quoting grey7399:

eh I'm not into bugs either but our cricket keeper is COOL.  I never have to touch them!!!

Its feeding the snakes that creep me out.  Fortunately - my 9 yr old daughter has more balls than I do.  But we all agree we cannot feed live mice so we feed re=heated frozen mice....

you know what sucks though?  FEEDING THE CRICKETS.  you have to feed the buggers a good healthy diet so your animals get good healthy food, lol  that freaked my hubby out and kinda pissed him off.

Quoting stockuponlove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I could never run a petshop.  its to hard to let them go!

Quoting stockuponlove:

stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Yeah fk that. I could never. Its not even touching them. It's seeing them, hearing them, everything. I just can't do it.
Snakes are iffy to me but I'd hold a snake over messing with a cricket any day of the week

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting stockuponlove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I really want one of those spotted salamanders going crazy

I had a leopard gecko in High School.  Little baby.  He was pretty cool.  Unfortunately my cat got ahold of him.  I'd like to own one again but DD is only 4 and our last pet (hamster) wasn't a good fit so we're holding off on pets for awhile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN