Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SUPER MOON/REALLY COOL PICS!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
VG74
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Last night was cloudy & overcast for us. My DH was very disappointed as he is very into astronomy and had his telescope ready to go to see the Super Moon. I live in an area not far from the ocean. When I was getting my hair done yesterday, a couple of people in the salon were talking about going down to the boardwalk over the last few days to see the moon.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM

It was huge and gorgeous! We had a very clear view of it at our home. It looked like it was sitting right on top of our neighbor's house across the street. I took a picture of it, but naturally it just looks like a bright yellow dot against a sea of black...bleh.. I was hoping for a better picture. 

On a side note- Dh bought a cool app last night called Star Chart. If you point your phone, tablet, etc at the night sky, it shows you all of the constellations. We saw Venus, Mars, Saturn, where the sun was, Pollux and Castor, a unicorn, sea dragon and more. It is a very neat app. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Arwyn724
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM

It was cloudy here, too last night.  Such a disappointment, we live in a rural area, and the 'moonrise' would have been totally unobstructed from the horizon.

epoh
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I'm disappointed I fell asleep early :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uniquecoolio
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Thx for sharing pics. I have a cool app like his too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

We only got to see it for a few minutes because we were watching the Mayweather fight and forgot about it. But I did get one crappy cell phone pic. Thanks for sharing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)