Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh. This is why I didn't want cats...

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
DF and I moved in together back in October '09. He was living with his sister prior to that. He has this cat named Tigger that is roughly 1,000 years old*. I told him before we moved in together that I CANNOT and WOULD NOT be doing the cat litter. I gag far too easily and can't handle animal poop. I've tried. I gag or throw up every time. He was fine with being in charge of cat litter duty.

It was fine when we moved in. He was scooping and changing the litter regularly. Then he suggested getting another cat. Well he loves cats (not in a crazy cat lady way) and I wasn't going to stop him. So in November/December we adopted a cat. Again, he was great with the cat litter.

Then he suddenly got really lazy with it. He also got kind of lazy with feeding them (it wasn't his job, but I noticed that I was constantly finding the food/water dish empty. I could only assume that I was the only one doing that anymore).

So here I am... Smelling cat shit because Tigger won't bury his poop (he's fucking weird) and I go look and there are at least 6 piles of poop sitting right on top. EW. Fucking EW.

I asked him to take care of it on Friday, clearly he didn't.

He's been talking about getting a dog once we move into a house and, as much as I love dogs, I don't want to deal with more poop AND it being in my backyard.

Soooooooooooo anybody want some cats? I am so ready to be pet free.

*sigh* my DS would be ├╝ber upset if I got rid of the cats though....

/pointless rant

(*- number may be an exaggeration. Maybe)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Wife2AGeek
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM

With 2 cats, 6 piles of poop in 3 days isn't unheard of.  Do you have an enclosed litter box?  If not, maybe invest in one.  They are nice.  Be sure and get a good "multi cat" cat litter.  That helps.

Mandiii04
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
I have the biggest litter box available, it is enclosed, and we use litter for multiple cats.

The whole reason I want him to scoop every day is because tigger doesn't bury.

(I never really paid attention to how much cats poop, so 6 piles seemed like a lot to me)

Quoting Wife2AGeek:

With 2 cats, 6 piles of poop in 3 days isn't unheard of.  Do you have an enclosed litter box?  If not, maybe invest in one.  They are nice.  Be sure and get a good "multi cat" cat litter.  That helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Aaaaaand DD finally passed out. I'm off to bed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billsbabygirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM
You should get an automatic litter box. We used to have one. Very handy. Then all you have to do is toss the plastic container. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN