Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HOW DOES THIS SOUND? Christian/Bible Mama's, Need Your Help Please

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so here is the situation:

My SIL is having her son Baptized the same day we are going to do a Welcome Home party for DH.  Yes this was agreed upon.

It was a great way to bring everyone together for 2 great events, plus DH hasn't seen much of the family in over 2yrs.

Anyway, I am doing the invites & we are going to use a pic of my DH & nephew together from when they met for the first time over R&R.  Now all I need to do is figure out how to word the invite.

Help me come up w/some ideas PLEASE!!!!!!

Oh DH is going to be the Godfather, not sure if that matters at all.

How does this sound:

Come Celebrate Two Special Events With Us:

The Baptism of Emmett Michael (last name) & the Homecoming of Lt. Stephen (last name).

Baptism will be at 10:30 on July 8th  at Luther Memorial :

(insert address)

Party to immediately follow at Picnicana:

(insert address)

RSVP to Cheryl (phone number) or Christy (phone number) by July 1st.

We Look Forward to Celebrating with You!

Ok mama's I am trying to find an inspirational quote, verse to add to the invite.

Either one that will go for both events or 2 separate ones.

Please help as I am failing at this part, thanks:)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
mtfarms
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I would give an "about" time for the party in case people aren't comfortable going to the baptism.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I will, just need my SIL to tell me how long it will take.  I guess their Baptisms are during church or right after service.

When my kids were Baptized it was done totally separate, not with church services.

Quoting mtfarms:

I would give an "about" time for the party in case people aren't comfortable going to the baptism.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
That sounds great. As for the scripture, isn't there one that says something about making joyous noise and celebrate. Sorry been a long time since I read the Bible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtfarms
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

DS was done before church - about 15 minutes.  DD was done during church which made the service longer - so about an hour & 15 minutes.

Quoting CABZS:

I will, just need my SIL to tell me how long it will take.  I guess their Baptisms are during church or right after service.

When my kids were Baptized it was done totally separate, not with church services.

Quoting mtfarms:

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM

That isn't to bad, we'll be done around lunch time then.  Add a bit more time for a few pics here and there.

Then a change of clothes bc my DH will be in his Dress Blues, something tells me not what he wants to be in during the picnic:)

Quoting mtfarms:

DS was done before church - about 15 minutes.  DD was done during church which made the service longer - so about an hour & 15 minutes.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting mtfarms:

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I am not big on reading the Bible, I'm not a big reader to begin with.

So I'm searching the internet & it is overwhelming.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

That sounds great. As for the scripture, isn't there one that says something about making joyous noise and celebrate. Sorry been a long time since I read the Bible.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Well I will look it up and see if I can find it for you. Hopefully a more Bible knowledgeable mama can help too.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for the thought, going to edit the title to maybe get a few in here to help:)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Well I will look it up and see if I can find it for you. Hopefully a more Bible knowledgeable mama can help too.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Bump

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Ok here is the one I was thinking of.

Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

Quoting CABZS:

Thanks for the thought, going to edit the title to maybe get a few in here to help:)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)