Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What were your meals you made this past week for dinners?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 48 Replies

I am making my menu and trying to get ideas....

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Emmy on May. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

you actually expect moms to remember that? lol..i remember last nite, thats it..and we had sandwiches..

teaching_mama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Monday - chili with ground turkey
Tuesday - quinoa with chickpeas and veggies, kale chips, fresh fruit
Wednesday - black bean burgers, corn on the cob, fresh fruit
Thursday - out to dinner
Friday - pesto grilled cheese, salad, fruit
Saturday - had dinner at an anniversary party
Tonight - I have no idea yet??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

steak and broccoli

chicken and scalloped potatoes

sub sandwiches; turkey, lettuce, cheese

chili

i can't remember anything else

jac77
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Italian meatloaf, noodles & salad. Panko chicken tenders, potato salad, veggie. Chicken-stuffing& veggie casserole w cranberry sauce. Pork tenderloin on the grill. Petite sirloin stew over rice. Then Saturday nite was a leftovers from the whole week kinda nite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM

oh gosh..i don't know if i can remember all of it.

bbq chicken with homemade mashed potatoes and baked zucchini

grilled chicken with snow peas, green beans and baked beans

chicken stir fry- noodles, broccoli,carrots,snow peas

that's all i can rememberlol. we don't usually eat red meat, just birds and fish for the most part.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I've been on a kick lately with cooking roasted chicken w/ veggies once a week.. lol and you can mix it up any way you want.  

The first time I did it i used lemon w/ fresh rosemary....  the next time I did orange & lemon slices w/ fresh rosemary and this past time I did lemon w/ fresh thyme..

did I mention I love lemon chicken??  yep...  something about the flavor it gives mixed with the fresh herbs.

I usually put veggies in the bottom of the crock pot......   you can use any veggies you like i've used potatoes (reg and sweet), fresh corn on the cob and carrots.  But like I said you can use any veggies your heart desires.  I dollop cream of chicken soup over top of the veggies and cover the veggies with chicken stock.

Then add the chicken on top of everything...   you can use a whole chicken.. i did the first time and it took a lil longer bc the bird was huge.  Another time I used just chicken legs as I was cooking just for myself and this past week I used 2 cut up chickens since my folks were eating with me.  Once you arrange the chicken on top... then you need to chop up 2 sprigs of fresh herbs... whether it's rosemary, thyme or whatever you wanna use.  Sprinkle over top. I also added 2 extra whole sprigs in there just because.. lol.  Then you take a lemon and cut it in half.  Squeeze half of the lemon over top of everything.  The other half you need to slice and place a slice over top of each piece of chicken.  You can also use oranges...  I did once but I like it better just with lemon.  Cook on low for 8-9 hours (depending on the thickness of the chicken pieces...  just make sure juices are clear) or high for 6-7 hours or until juices are clear.  

A few pics -

the first pic.. is when i used lemon & orange w/ fresh rosemary

completed..

and this past week.....   i forgot to snap a completion pic but here's what it looked like what I got it all in there....   the veggies are on the bottom!

TableforSeven
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Last Sunday - don't remember
Mon - Wed.....two days we had chicken (once with spices the other time cooked with adobo seasoning) - with veggies and rice once and veggies and noodles the other time (I forget which day we had what....and forget whtat the 3rd meal was during those days.
Thurs - DH made perogies and mac & cheese.
Friday we had roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, squash kugel, green bean casserole, sliced salami, grapes, fresh-baked challah, chocolate cake and peanutbutter mousse.
Sat was leftovers. 

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

rice with beef tips, diced tomatoes, little bit of chicken broth and shell noodles and with balsamic vinegeratte-mixed together it was real good--

one night we had grilled cheese

Last night my son had a leftover McDonald Cheeseburger from the afternoon with fruit from home and with the left over rice and beef tips

today we are having tacos and I can't remember the rest-lol!!

myperfect4inok
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
We had McDonald's and Chinese 2 night.
We had shake and bake pork chops, rice and veggie
We had blts and fries
We had spaghetti
That's all I remember
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now i'm soaking big butter beans in water...  In about an hour and a half i'll put those on w/ seasoning meat.  Let them simmer 45 minutes then take can biscuits... those that are flaky and have layers.  Peel apart the layers and drop them in the beans.  Cook another 15 minutes and they will be like dumplings.   I'm gonna side it with candied sweet potatoes.. lol yeah nooooooot healthy.  But i'm craving comfort food so :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)