Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So Ready to Give up on Him!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 24 Replies

Well I have been pregnant for the past 8 months with my third son and for 7 of these months I have been trying to get my children's father on board with being there for them.

He's 20 and I'm 19 but it seems like I'm the only one takes my responsibilities as a parent seriously. All he wanted to do was hang out with friends, play video games, and sleep (as you can see having a job was not a part of his agenda).

At the beginning of April I thought he was starting to come around. I had a job, he came around the kids more, and he planned on moving in with us. But all of sudden he has completely cut us off. He hasn't seen the boys in almost 2 weeks, he wont answer any calls or texts and the only texts I have gotten from him say "Sorry."

I am 4 weeks away from my due date. This is the last thing I should going through this close to giving birth. I'm so confused on what to do. My children need their father in their lives but I can't keep dealing with someone who puts himself before his kids. I'm just wondering ladies, what do you think I should do?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvtohunt
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Why would you keep having kids with him? He is never going to get better until he grows up and that will be with another woman because he will figure out more of what he wants as he gets older and want to startover. I'm sorry but that's the way it usually works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
This :(

Quoting luvtohunt:

Why would you keep having kids with him? He is never going to get better until he grows up and that will be with another woman because he will figure out more of what he wants as he gets older and want to startover. I'm sorry but that's the way it usually works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandymb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM
he is still a child so he is acting like what 20 year olds act like. why would you keep having children with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Three children at age 19, and he still acts like a kid?  I'm sure he acted like a kid before the babies, too?  Why do women assume a man is going to 'get responsible' after the babies come, when they aren't before -hand?  Having children may 'force' you to grow up, but don't believe it will really change anyone. 

HouseMa
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

This.

He's 20 years old and saddled with three children.

Birth Contol is your friend.

Quoting luvtohunt:

luvtohunt
And if it doesn't change him with one kid......don't have more with him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
Sadly this. Both of.u.will be doing.allot of.changing. Way to young mama.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on May. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Move on with your life...you'll have to regardless of him anyway.  Get yourself an education, so your kids can have something, and DON"T depend on ANY man for a damn thing. 

MommyFlood
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
0_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freakin.Insane
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
stop having kids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN