The doctor couldn't figure out what it was from but gave him a steroid shot and sent us home. By evening his lip was back to normal and the rash was gone. About 10am this morning he said his left ear was itching. I looked and it's bright red, hot and very swollen. He hasn't had anything to eat that was the same both nights and there are no other symptoms. I'm at a complete loss as to what could be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas?
I think I figured it out. He was taking an antibiotic that I had forgotten about. I think he is allergic to penicillin. I should have caught this immediately. I'm allergic too. At least we know now.