Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hubby was so sweet last night Update :)

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been wanting a new abaya for the summer and have been totally in love with the new Jordanian styles out right now. I lost over 30 pounds after my son was born last summer which WAS NOT baby weight, and am 16 weeks pregnant again but only have gained about 4lbs. I didn't want to buy any new abayas or jelbabs because with all of the weight loss and being pregnant again I wanted to wait until after this baby is born and my weight stabilizes. These types of garments are VERY expensive, the types I buy go from 100-250 each so buying the right size for long term wear is essential or your out big bucks. Last night I was talking to DH about how hot and uncomfortable its going to be for me this summer because I only have fall/spring outside garments that fit with the weight loss and being pregnant. He was so sweet and right there went online and we picked out the new style of abaya I have been admiring AND a silk ivory scarf to go with it. :) Its going to be here in a week or so, it has to be imported so it takes a while. I can't wait! Now, I just need to get a new pair of shoes to go with it ;)

Update- It came! DHL tried to deliver yesterday but I wasn't home. That was FAST from Jordan! I was laying down taking a nap and I just heard a knock on the door. When I got to the door there was the package. :) I ripped that sucker open as fast as I could. I couldn't get the cloth bag they come in open fast enough! Oh wow, its so much nicer than online. I am in love! The pictures online don't do the detail work justice at all. It also came with a matching black and sequined scarf. Bonus! The silk ivory scarf is so fine. As soon as DS wakes up from his nap I am going to get dressed and go see DH at work to show him. *squeals with excitement*

by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnySideUp6
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
That was really nice of him! You're a lucky woman!
jadsmummy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Quoting SunnySideUp6:

That was really nice of him! You're a lucky woman!

I know! He definitely has his moments where he spoils me. :) I picked out an abaya that can be altered and taken in after the baby is born and I loose weight so it won't be a loss. I didn't go nuts and order one of the more expensive ones. The scarf yes, LOL, I got the most expensive one they carried. These garments can easily last 5 years if taken care of properly.

SunnySideUp6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I glad that you were able to get something that makes you so happy. I'm sure you deserve it Momma!

SandraJo
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:02 AM
So sweet! But, what's an abaya?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Yeah what she said. And I'm impressed you will spend that on yourself( not bashing). I would spend it in the kiddos in a heartbeat, but I doubt anything in my closet is over $4 and didn't come from clearance. I seriously need to get over it and buy a real wardrobe without the guilt!

Quoting SandraJo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:03 AM
Lucky lady :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting SandraJo:

Its an outer garment we wear over our clothing when out in public or around men.

These are abaya they are typically worn when in the warmer months. Jelbab on the other hand is worn when its cooler because they are fully lined. Kind of like a long suit coat.

Abaya and Jelbab can come in virtually any colour. From Hot Pink to Jet Black, it just depends on the style of the woman. I used these examples because they are MY style LOL.

jadsmummy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Oh I hear you I am the same way when it comes to my inside clothing. I WILL NOT buy anything that isn't on clearance or I don't have a % off coupon for. I am a Kohl's bargain shopping master LOL! BUT with outside garments, this is something I am going to be wearing for YEARS and is part of my religious requirement to be modest so I shell out for them, and I also take VERY good care of them. I typically only buy 2-3 a year if that. The last few years I haven't bought any because of my weight fluctuations. I am going overseas after this baby is born and will  buy a whole new wardrobe for the next 5 years. I will only bring with me one outfit and then shop there and bring the rest back with me. With the favorable exchange rate I can get an entire wardrobe of outside clothing for 1K easily and it be all designer with lots of variety in style, colour, and cuts. I have been saving up since last summer for this trip :)  

Quoting Aspiemom0203:

Yeah what she said. And I'm impressed you will spend that on yourself( not bashing). I would spend it in the kiddos in a heartbeat, but I doubt anything in my closet is over $4 and didn't come from clearance. I seriously need to get over it and buy a real wardrobe without the guilt!

Quoting SandraJo:

Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Awesome! You'll have to post pics.

Quoting jadsmummy:

Oh I hear you I am the same way when it comes to my inside clothing. I WILL NOT buy anything that isn't on clearance or I don't have a % off coupon for. I am a Kohl's bargain shopping master LOL! BUT with outside garments, this is something I am going to be wearing for YEARS and is part of my religious requirement to be modest so I shell out for them, and I also take VERY good care of them. I typically only buy 2-3 a year if that. The last few years I haven't bought any because of my weight fluctuations. I am going overseas after this baby is born and will  buy a whole new wardrobe for the next 5 years. I will only bring with me one outfit and then shop there and bring the rest back with me. With the favorable exchange rate I can get an entire wardrobe of outside clothing for 1K easily and it be all designer with lots of variety in style, colour, and cuts. I have been saving up since last summer for this trip :)  

Quoting Aspiemom0203:

Quoting SandraJo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
sweet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)