Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My heart is breaking UPDATE :(

Posted by   + Show Post

into a million pieces, My beautiful cat Sassy is about to die I'm afraid, She is almost 14 yrs old, she is losing weight and will not eat or drink I went and bought her the canned food and she still wont eat it I even put chicken broth in it, I called my cousin who works at a vet and he said that is what happens when a cat is about to die, There is nothing I can do to help her.. Here is a Pic of my baby girl..

My kitty passed today I was with her till the end, she will be missed...

by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on May. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Called them... He basically said same as my cousin did.. he said this is what older cats do when they start to pass..

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Have you taken her to the vet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Take her in , make them run some test , someone telling you over the phone there is nothing you can do is b.s . .. They are not even supposed to give advice over the phone because they are usually wrong .

Quoting momofhnd:

Yeah she is hiding under the bed.. she never sleeps under there..

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Forgot to add he was wondering off too die , and hiding too . So it is possible

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

I am sorry :( I would bring her in just in case it might just be a bladder infection our 16 year old cat did the same and that was what was wrong . Either way I wouldn't let her suffer :/ it's hard to do but she needs put down so she is not suffering in pain

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on May. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Thanks so much... She is another of my babies..

Quoting Jeckyls-mommy:

im so sorry babe..... i remember when our cat died....it was horrible. may not know you, but feel free to message me if you need to talk

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckyls-mommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting momofhnd:

Thanks so much... She is another of my babies..

Quoting Jeckyls-mommy:

im so sorry babe..... i remember when our cat died....it was horrible. may not know you, but feel free to message me if you need to talk

its no problem and i know exactly what you mean.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on May. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I'm going to try and see if I can take her tomorrow morning.. there is nothing I cab do today, the vet is closed and we dint have a emergency vet clinic..

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Take her in , make them run some test , someone telling you over the phone there is nothing you can do is b.s . .. They are not even supposed to give advice over the phone because they are usually wrong .

Quoting momofhnd:

Yeah she is hiding under the bed.. she never sleeps under there..

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Forgot to add he was wondering off too die , and hiding too . So it is possible

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

I am sorry :( I would bring her in just in case it might just be a bladder infection our 16 year old cat did the same and that was what was wrong . Either way I wouldn't let her suffer :/ it's hard to do but she needs put down so she is not suffering in pain

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I'm sorry mommy ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear this she is a beautiful kitty (prayers your way) I really do hope she feels better you just never know.

I once had a kitty she lived to be 171/2 years old God bless her she is at the Rainbow Bridge now ;)
ColtsFan1912
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I am so so sorry.

I had a cat that looks a lot like her named Sassy

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

She's so beautiful and I'm so sorry.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

im sorryhugs That's horrible but i def. feel your pain my beloved Belle died in my arms i'm sorry your going through this !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)