Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did your husband/fiance propose?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 117 Replies
2 moms liked this

How did your husband or fiance propose?  

My husband asked me to marry him in my living room. He had not yet bought the ring.    He did give me the ring on my sundae at Friendly's.  It was the Friendly's we had our first date at.  He excused himself to go to the bathroom, I thought, but he went to the kitchen and asked them to put it on my sundae.   There were not many people in the restaurant but everyone was looking at me as they brought out the sundae.  The whole wait staff and kitchen staff were lined up watching. I did not see the ring at first as I was trying to figure out what everyone was looking at.   I picked up my spoon and went to take a bite and saw it.            :-)

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM
We picked out the ring together. I was wearing it before he proposed. He asked me in my living room with roses in hand. I'm not big into romantic proposals.
connie45
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Bahamas Cruise.  Spent the day at the Atlantis Resort and he proposed on a little bridge over one of the huge pools.   16 yrs ago...

louzannalady
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

He got down on one knee, in front of the Columbia River Washington Temple and sang a part of from "Here to Eternity" by Michael Peterson, with ring in hand... : ) It was perfect! : )

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

USMCWifey2011
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this
We went to the Marine Ball, he took me on a walk, there was a rose bush that the petals had fallen off and were scattered on a patio that had wrought iron table and chairs out. He asked me to sit down and got down on one knee in his blues and proposed! I couldn't answer because I was crying.it was magical

His Boots My Flops!!!

PROUD MARINE WIFEY

3-12-11 

sidneyb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
He said lets get married i said sure lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Dh didnt propose. He threw the ring box at me as i got in the shower. Then he took me out to eat after i said ok sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwifey11
by Krysti on May. 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Naked, after sex. Lol
He tried to ask me before but things got out of hand before he could! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on May. 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

My STBX was sitting at the table reading the mail.

He said, without looking up, "You know that thing you mentioned?"

I asked him what he meant.

He said, "The marriage thing. We should get it done before the end of the year so you can get on my insurance."

There was no ring or anything of the sort.

I'd never accept a proposal like that again. ;)

trishasjunebug
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

He had his friend come pick me up when I walked into his apartment the stairs were lined with candles and rose pedals. As I walked to the stop step he popped out behind the corner with a dozen soft pink roses with glitter in his hands and handed them to me, he looked so handsome and was dressed so nice. He then gave me a little speech on how much he loved me and my kids and wanted nothing more than to be a family with us. Then he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box, opened it up and I saw the most gorgeous princess cut diamond ring he asked if I would marry him and I said yes of course holding back tears and giggling like a little kid lol. Cutest thing EVER!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
                                 Lilypie - (dCon)

squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

my husband called in to a radio station that was doing a night segment called, "what's the strangest thing you've ever done?" He told the DJ's he was about to do the strangest thing he'd ever done and he proposed on the air, to me. the DJ's put him off line and called me. with me off air they asked me if I knew a so&so, and I said yes, we were dating. and at that, they put me on air with him and asked him to repeat himself. he did, I cried on air and said YES. they asked if they could play a song for us and we were off the call. within 2 hours, we had 6 different friends call our different homes asking if it really was us, it was and we got congrats from them all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN