Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did your husband/fiance propose?

How did your husband or fiance propose?  

My husband asked me to marry him in my living room. He had not yet bought the ring.    He did give me the ring on my sundae at Friendly's.  It was the Friendly's we had our first date at.  He excused himself to go to the bathroom, I thought, but he went to the kitchen and asked them to put it on my sundae.   There were not many people in the restaurant but everyone was looking at me as they brought out the sundae.  The whole wait staff and kitchen staff were lined up watching. I did not see the ring at first as I was trying to figure out what everyone was looking at.   I picked up my spoon and went to take a bite and saw it.            :-)

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM
One morning he asked if I want to get married today?? I said sure and we were legal by lunch.
No ring, witnesses, vows or judge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
We went for a night away at a hotel and before dinner he took me on a ferris wheel and proposed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I'm not married or engaged, but my boyfriend has drunk proposed to me a few times. So far the cutest drunk proposal was when he and our daughter wrapped up a gift for me. They used some pretty wrapping paper to wrap an empty soda box with our dd's toys inside. My dd gave it to me and after pulling out all her toys and stuff there was a note at the bottom of the present that said "Will you marry my dad"?

Awwwww.

However, SO knows that I will not accept any of his drunk proposals. I keep telling him he needs to get a ring and give me the romantic proposal that I want...while sober. Although, I tell him he has gotten lots of good practice. ;-) lol I think he has proposed to me 4 times while drunk now.

irishstarz
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
He didn't. I proposed the night he deployed, minutes before he boarded the bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My BF is retired military. So as we were riding to base he turns to me and says "if you marry me, you can get a ID card and go to the BX by yourself" It was so romantic (NOT) that we laugh about it now. Next request was "if you marry me, you will get the 10% discount at a particular resturant". Needless to say, we laugh at that one too. I know it's coming but don't know when.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Brian got on his knee in the tool isle in wal mart. And I had a cheap eternity ring at first..Lost it in a move.

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM

My hubby had a romantic proposal worked out in his head... he kept going over different scenarios. As we were on our way out for our anniversary dinner, we were discussing the seriousness of our situation. I had just discovered I was pregnant with our 2nd, and we were talking about how we were going to handle it. It was not the right time, but we had to figure it out. I started to cry pretty hard, so he opened the ring, and said, "So, you wanna marry me?" I stopped and said, "Seriously?" He then proceeded to tell me he had other ideas, but he just didn't want to see me cry anymore. 

We lost that baby, and almost lost our relationship. Thankfully, we persevered, and are now happily married (usually) and our son came this past July. 

LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
At the airport in his ACU's. He was coming home for R & R from Iraq. Got down on one knee in front of everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I was 41 weeks pregnant. Due any day.  And he came home and said " You know if we are married for 24 hours before the baby comes, the insurance will cover you. Unless you don't want to marry me."

Super sweet lol. Did not happen like that. We got the marriage license and were looking into getting married when I went into labor.

Chelly4.588.8
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I would talk about getting married and if we ever did what the wedding would be like...I guess he got tired of hearing it and said you really want to marry me (I said of course), he walked in the living room, handed me a can of Pepsi and said "Will you marry me?"...then we sat down and watched tv lol, the next day we bought the ring together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN