Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did your husband/fiance propose?

How did your husband or fiance propose?  

My husband asked me to marry him in my living room. He had not yet bought the ring.    He did give me the ring on my sundae at Friendly's.  It was the Friendly's we had our first date at.  He excused himself to go to the bathroom, I thought, but he went to the kitchen and asked them to put it on my sundae.   There were not many people in the restaurant but everyone was looking at me as they brought out the sundae.  The whole wait staff and kitchen staff were lined up watching. I did not see the ring at first as I was trying to figure out what everyone was looking at.   I picked up my spoon and went to take a bite and saw it.            :-)

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
shyanntech
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Well my hubby asked me.. he hind it in the x-mes tree at my mom and dads house.. I was still living with them and working.. Mostly to take care of the dog. But he left town as I was at work then go home before I got off work. and hind it in the tree. Well my mom was in on it. He took me down stairs and ask me I though he was jokeing. then we ran up stairs for dinner and my mom is like well. Thats when he told me to look around the around the tree. I saw the box though it was a neckles and open it and just about fanted right there..

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

On the phone...completely out of the blue... we weren't even dating

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Well we were supposed to to out for dinner, he picked me up from work in a bad mood telling me we're just going to go home. I tried asking him what was wrong. He didn't want to discuss it. We were at a stop sign when a cop hit his lights. He said "just great what else could go wrong! " well we pulled over at the McDonald's. The cop asked him to step out of the vehicle. The next thing I know my FIL comes walking up from the side were we were parked and started screaming "what's going on that's my son we were going to dinner " ( he ruined it btw)

The cop goes to my side and asks me to step out that Tim has something he has to tell me. So I went to the back and Tim got down on one knee and said "honey I love you o much will you marry me? " I said yes and my FIL screamed "she said yes!!! " the next thing I know there is a huge cheer everybody knew I guess. My mom and Gma came.out.of the parking lot lol.

Just to be a butt he would go to that same spot that we got pulled over on and he would just sit there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

He took me to the karaoke bar that we met at. He got on stage, sang our song, then pulled me on stage and proposed, in front of al of our friends. It was realy nice.

prenatalRN
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM

We hiked up to the top of a mountain on the weekend while we were in college. We were sitting there looking over the valley when he pulled out the ring and asked me. It was really beautiful and intimate.

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Which time? LOL I have 3 engagment rings and he reproposes every year. (long long story why we are not married yet) The first time he invited over all of my closest friends while I was out Christmas shopping. He and I had met online about 6 months before and I had had been sexually assualted just before I met him. I had also been recovering from a long term relationship that ended abruptly because he was sleeping with my best friend. We took things super slow, he was a gentleman to the extreme. He knew my friends were over protective of me because of the stuff they had helped me thru. He sat down with them and explained how much he loved me and why. He explained how much he loved my son and wanted to be his full time Daddy (my son was 5 and his father was in and out of the picture depending on who he was sleeping with that week). He went around the room and asked them each individually for their permission to ask me to be his wife. (I guess I should mention I am estranged from my parents so there was no one to ask there). They all gave him their blessing. When I came home, there are all my favorite people in the whole world in one room. I hadn't even stamped the snow off my boots and he was on one knee. Everyone cried, he barely got the words out. It was super sweet.

SOCO101
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM

We were on a backroad riding around, and he stopped. He told me to get out of the truck for a minute. I did. He put on our song and we danced to it. Then he pulled the ring out of his pocket and got down on one knee.

JasKat3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM

While lying in bed.. He turns over to look at me and says. "Wanna marry me?:. Lol

CafeMom Tickers  CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Jaskat

Wife2AGeek
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JasKat3:

While lying in bed.. He turns over to look at me and says. "Wanna marry me?:. Lol

That's how it happened with us too, only it was me that proposed to him lol.  Going on 17 years now...best question I ever asked :)

eirejade
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Ex proposed first walking along the river...and again with the ring at a restaurant as we were leaving.

My now fiance proposed over the phone, but again with the ring while I was in the shower trying to hide my crying that I had to leave that night...he lives in tx and I'm in ny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN