Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did your husband/fiance propose?

How did your husband or fiance propose?  

My husband asked me to marry him in my living room. He had not yet bought the ring.    He did give me the ring on my sundae at Friendly's.  It was the Friendly's we had our first date at.  He excused himself to go to the bathroom, I thought, but he went to the kitchen and asked them to put it on my sundae.   There were not many people in the restaurant but everyone was looking at me as they brought out the sundae.  The whole wait staff and kitchen staff were lined up watching. I did not see the ring at first as I was trying to figure out what everyone was looking at.   I picked up my spoon and went to take a bite and saw it.            :-)

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mudfishzgirl
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ours is corny. We were in a long distance relationship when we first got back together and we were on the phone really late one night and I said something and I wish I remember what it was because his reply was "When are you going to marry me?" kindda awwww but pretty corny.

gemini53176
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Quoting connie45:

Bahamas Cruise.  Spent the day at the Atlantis Resort and he proposed on a little bridge over one of the huge pools.   16 yrs ago...

that is awesome!
gemini53176
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
We had sex and he rolled over and said will u marry me i feel bad cuz I yelled and said omg u can't propose to me like that! I wanted him to propose on valentines day at the place where we first kissed ha hug if only I was a guy I'd be such a romantic haha
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

There was this adorable Camo purse at the Boot Barn that i wanted and it was Christmas, i was pretty sure i was getting it cause he forgot to hide the bag when he picked me up from work, i didnt want to know what i was getting! (and i didnt) then on christmas he told me i had to open that present last, i opened it and it WAS the purse! i was so excited then he said "i tihink there is something in there" i opened it and there was a little black box, then i opened the box and a beautiful diamond ring that hed had me try on a few months back but i figured he wouldnt ask for a long time, i looked at him and he was down on one knee! :)
true love though cause i was in footy pjs when he asked haha!
(my parents were coming over and he didnt believe me when i joked about wearing footy pjs so i proved him wrong!)
we found out we were expecting in janary and got married in march instead of july.

Raesreppilf
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

He didn't.  We were at the driving range and he said he wanted to buy me some new golf clubs.  I told him if I had to choose between golf clubs and a ring, I wanted the ring.  We left the driving range and went ring shopping.  He also stopped and bought me new golf clubs.

Amfreestone
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM

i was going on a 2 week vacation to Alaska the next morning with a friend and so the night befor my husband took me to get  food to go and then took me up into the canyon to look at t he city at  sunset. sadly he went up the wrong canyon. so it was almost dark when we got up the rite one... i thought he wanted to makeout after we ate. i found out he didnt... :( lol. but we talked for a little and he was cute and told me he loved me then he asked and then tried putting the  ring on the wrong hand.... he was sooooo nervous but he is the cutest! i love him. i know it didnt go the way he planned at all but all of it made me know why i love him so much. :)  he did make me promise i would tell anyone about it. but i think the mistakes were the best parts and made it so memorable.

he brang me my ring from off the counter a few weeks ago trying to be cute and ask me to marry him again and grabs the  wrong hand again. all i could do is laugh. 

UpstateAnnette
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM

WOW sounds like an interesting story.....there has got to be more to the story? How long had you known him? Did you have any clue he was interested in you?  

Quoting ditsyjo:

On the phone...completely out of the blue... we weren't even dating

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM

My husband got down on his knee while I was sitting on the couch--and he gave me a ring (that turned my finger green) until he could buy another--I love that ring still-I kept it!!  

Namaste17
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I said "I think it's time we get married". lol. No proposal. 

FAH_Q
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
He proposed on Christmas eve. He had stuck the ring box inside some slippers. I unwrapped the gift and the box fell out of the slippers. His parents recorded the whole thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN