Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Disappointment..

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

Yesterday, I was going to see my favourite band of all time in concert. I've been obsessed with them for...oh.. about 19 years .;)

We had left several hours early, because it was a standing room only venue. After driving several hours, we were told that they just cancelled due to illness in the band. :(

I was quite crushed. :/ I can't be angry because illnesses do happen, and I hope she recovers. 

At least The Cranberries are rescheduling. :)

So, what disappointed you lately?

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Wow that sucks! :(

mkmommy0406
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

The Beale Street Music Festival is taking place right across the river!  Been going on since Friday night. Didn't have the money for tickets though.  Which sucks cause this is the first time in 10 years is hasn't rained the whole weekend!

roseberrymatrix
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I'm disappointed that after 2 years ofme stalking you, we have not yet set a wedding date because you keeping turning down my proposal...

natty31105
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

That sucks! At least they are rescheduling though! Only disappointment lately is I have to go to a d-backs game on Wed for a networking even for a CEO CFO group in Phoenix. My boss was going to be there and now hes not and Im nervous to go alone lol! Im very shy and am very much a wallflower in crowds...anywhoo funny story you might appreciate...

A few weeks ago, my husband surprised me and took me to Tombstone. I have always wanted to go. We were watching the re-enactment of the gunfight at the OK Corral....they were in the middle of changing scenes so it was very quiet. My step-daughter ended up calling me at that exact time and I had forgot to put my phone on silent..her ringtone is Linger by the Cranberries. LOL! All 100 or so ppl in the crowd heard it, and got a good laugh!

kellysp6637
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The scale.  LOL......

BUT, it did motivate me to get my butt running a mile today!  Felt good after too!

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on May. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I'm just not ready for that level of commitment! I'd also always be insecure and jealous of the sock monkeys.

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

I'm disappointed that after 2 years ofme stalking you, we have not yet set a wedding date because you keeping turning down my proposal...

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on May. 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Awww I hate that when that happens.

roseberrymatrix
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I'll give the sock monkeys away. I'm sorry baby I love you!

Quoting Cymbeline:

I'm just not ready for that level of commitment! I'd also always be insecure and jealous of the sock monkeys.

Quoting roseberrymatrix:

cricketdawn81
by Crystal on May. 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I looked in the mirror.  I am so disappointed in myself. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Neither of my kids want to nap; dh is magically "sick" and I have three papers to write by midnight (6 hours).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN