Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wedding on a budget?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
  • 25 Replies

We were supposed to get married July 28th of this year but a lot of things have happened, I quit my job last month, got pregnant. Now we are strapped for cash with all the bills and me having no job to help at the moment...

I don't think we can pull it off by our set date, it's next to impossible actually...so it's going to have to be set for a later date...but how can I pull a wedding off for a pretty decent price? I don't need anything fancy, I'll be pregnant anyways, I'd love to do this before the baby is born. Any ideas or suggestions you can give me? I'd really appreciate it! It's not going to be a huge wedding just a sweet little one :) With close friends and family :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
                                 Lilypie - (dCon)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SauceAwesome
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Have it at home, or somewhere free. Make your own decorations (pinterest). Invite only select people and hit up thrift stores for a dress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Pinterest!! Lots of cute ideas. Shop for supplies at the dollar store. You can also find recipes that are cheap but feed a lot, like loaded potato slices. Maybe do it in a park or in your backyard. Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

My mom's backyard is HUGE I could do it there just perfectly, that's a good idea :) My brother is a DJ I could always have him play the music :) My grandma made my brother's flowers for his wedding so I'm sure she can do mine!

jessicasmom1
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

have it at a local park , have a cookout, everyone bring something and have fun!

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Court house for the wedding and a potluck style lunch/dinner fir reception. Dollar tree have decrorations. Have a friend do the music and if u kno any one that is a decent photog have them take pics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natty31105
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I went to Vegas, but I live close enough to drive so there was no air-fare or anything

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You can get a pretty gown for a couple hundred instead of a couple thousand by finding a bridesmaid dress you like and order it in white.

Nicole060812
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Buy flowers at wholesale and make simple arrangments yourself instead of hiring a florist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We were in a similar situation, pg and no money for wedding. We went to the courthouse to get married, my sister made my dress, my mom paid for the license and my inlaws paid for the food, the cake was a gift from dh's aunt. We had to only pay for small things like shoes, hose, and rings. Decorations were supplied by friends i think.  ( it was 16 yrs ago lol)  Didnt cost me much at all  no honeymoon either.

The marriage isnt about the hoopla wedding its about your relationship anyways.

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Jessica McClintock has cheap wedding gowns. Do it outside at a state park or garden. Make your own centerpieces. We made ours from vases, floating flip flop candles, shells and sand and colored water (we did a beach wedding) ang bought everything at Michael's. Buy invite kits and make your own invitations. If you can't afford a sit down meal, maybe do appetizers and dessert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN