Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

We were supposed to get married July 28th of this year but a lot of things have happened, I quit my job last month, got pregnant. Now we are strapped for cash with all the bills and me having no job to help at the moment...

I don't think we can pull it off by our set date, it's next to impossible actually...so it's going to have to be set for a later date...but how can I pull a wedding off for a pretty decent price? I don't need anything fancy, I'll be pregnant anyways, I'd love to do this before the baby is born. Any ideas or suggestions you can give me? I'd really appreciate it! It's not going to be a huge wedding just a sweet little one :) With close friends and family :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
                                 Lilypie - (dCon)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (21-25):
Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We eloped in Gatlinburg for $110.00- including the marriage license. Neither one of us saw the point in spending a fortune. We also didn't want the stress of planning for it. We got married, and then stayed down there for a week. Best time I have ever had in my life.

incogneat-o
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
I got my location for 40, a gazebo rented from the city. I did my own flowers, bouquets, decor, a lot of flowers, for 150 from hobby lobby. My cake and dress together were 1000. 45 invitations, response cards, envelopes, addy labels, and envelope seals were 60 from vista print. I had a friend who is a good cook do the food for 300. Reception is at my home. Between jewelry, additional decor, chair and table rental, a candy bar set up, iTunes downloads for reception, waltz lessons, bridal
Arty gifts, favors, a 12x12 dance floor and what's listed above, my total price is $2,500 for 100 guests. And the preacher was 150.

I thought that was quite cheap for a wedding.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just do the JOP or a backyard type thing.

Then have a cookout at somone's home.

JadedFaerie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

We did urs for 1k or so

Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

We were in a similar situation, pg and no money for wedding. We went to the courthouse to get married, my sister made my dress, my mom paid for the license and my inlaws paid for the food, the cake was a gift from dh's aunt. We had to only pay for small things like shoes, hose, and rings. Decorations were supplied by friends i think.  ( it was 16 yrs ago lol)  Didnt cost me much at all  no honeymoon either.

The marriage isnt about the hoopla wedding its about your relationship anyways.

Exactly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)