Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What if she got pregnant...again?

Posted by   + Show Post

Scenario:

Your daughter gets pregnant at 15 and decides to keep the baby. You support her and let her know that you expect her to be more careful next time and to raise her baby.

She gets pregnant again six months later. She is still in school, but still having unprotected sex and wants to keep the baby. Do you decide to keep on supporting her?

And for those who do decide to support her, would you support her again if she got pregnant a third time before her 18th birthday?

How far does your support system go in terms of teen pregnancy? How many pregnancies until enough is enough, and you decide to not keep on supporthing her? Keep in mind that as the parent, you will be bearing the majority of the financial burden.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
ChristinaR
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quoting achorney:

You know, I can see supporting my teenager through one baby.Once you have an accident, you know what causes it and now you can prevent it. Twice is too many.

Refurbished
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't happen -- even if I had to shove that birth control pill down her throat every single day.

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting Refurbished:

It wouldn't happen -- even if I had to shove that birth control pill down her throat every single day.

Although we are not grandparents, my husband wanted to put our thirteen-year-old on Depo when she had first begun her period.

Tinkerbellmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh lord... I don't even want to think about it.

I think I could HELP support her, but I think I'd tell her she needed to get a GED and either go to college or get a job at that point. I would help keep a roof over their heads and watch the child as needed for work and/or school. As a babysitter to go out, maybe once a month if that.

If she had another baby, nope, not at all. At that point she's not learning from her experiences and needs to figure things out on her own.

momgirlsx2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM
First I hope to never be in this position with either of my dd's. That said I would support her decision to keep the baby, but it would be up to her to do the majority of the raising. I would help with the bare necessities. And I can guarantee there wouldn't be a 2nd because she'll be too busy with the first. I don't babysit for free!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I would support her through the first pregnancy.  And look into getting her on a long term birth control. The second time, things would be far different.  I would look out for my Grandchildren as best I could, but I would certainly not be supporting my daughters' bad choices.

rinaann
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Wow I, personally, would be ashamed to have my parent support me and my kids for that long

but to each their own 

Quoting ladyraven16:

Because I can't find a job good enough to pay daycare for 2 kids. I help my parents out and our arrangement world. I'm hoping to be living out with my bf soon.

Quoting rinaann:

Why dont you support yourself?

Quoting ladyraven16:

Idk I had 1 at 15&17. My parents still support us primarily even though I will be 21 in 9days. Idk if they would have if I had 3 but they might..... I hope I'm never in a situation like that because I have no idea what I would do.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM
They haven't been supporting me the whole time. I was married and living on my own for 2yrs. I'm not embarrassed to be living here. I would rather this than living off the government or on the street.

Quoting rinaann:

Wow I, personally, would be ashamed to have my parent support me and my kids for that long

but to each their own 

Quoting ladyraven16:

Because I can't find a job good enough to pay daycare for 2 kids. I help my parents out and our arrangement world. I'm hoping to be living out with my bf soon.

Quoting rinaann:

Why dont you support yourself?

Quoting ladyraven16:

Idk I had 1 at 15&17. My parents still support us primarily even though I will be 21 in 9days. Idk if they would have if I had 3 but they might..... I hope I'm never in a situation like that because I have no idea what I would do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quoting achorney:

You know, I can see supporting my teenager through one baby.

Once you have an accident, you know what causes it and now you can prevent it.

Twice is too many.

yeah

LoriLou75
by Lori on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I would always support my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)