Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Outnumbered and alone

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

I live with my 3 kids, DH and MIL ( mil actually moved in with us 6 months ago because she left her husband) and they all seem to hate me.  Every decision I make seems to anger DH and MIL.   If I sleep in to late then I get snapped at, forget the kids that are 15, 12 and 5 and sleep later than me.  If I read a book, they say I'm ignoring my kids ( again 15, 12 and 5 and usually doing there own thing) If I am alone with DH and listen to audiobooks I'm ignoring my DH.  I own my own business and DH is mad because I work 6 days a week right now, BTW I'm the only one working and the only one with income.   If I buy dinner and bring it home than its bad because after working 12 hours I dont feel like cooking ( money is not an issue).    The kids are starting to talk to me like a servant rather than their mom, and when I get on to them, I'm told to chill out.    No one is ever insulting in speech, they dont yell or call names or anything, I just get the judgemental looks, and eyerolls and sometimes even a calm " your children should be your first priority".  Today was my only day off this week and  we stayed home and I layed around ( I was exhausted)  DD wanted to go to the park and I said no and DH started in on how she is bored and it wouldn't hurt me to take her and he was happy to take her but I had to come to.    I just feel like I'm outnumbered and its the whole house against me.  It's so bad I'm thinking about leaving.  DH and I were very happy until I started my business and MIL moved in so basically this has been for the past year.  DH won't listen to me and MIL rolls her eyes so talking to them means nothing.   I just needed to vent sorry.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM

BUMP!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this

if your DH and MIL cant contribute to the household tell them to take a hike

you dont deserve to be treated that way

Lostinindy
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
It's time to have a long conversation with DH. It sucks that he doesn't see how bad things have gotten. Only you can change it, but you are going to have to force the change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

HUGS and sorry...That's awful...

fanci64
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
If your the soul supporter of the Home I would be laying down the law and fast. I would have a conversation with my husband and explain to him that this is unacceptable behavior from him and his mother and that its starting to rub off on the children and your not going to have it any more. Either he starts to help you and puts his mother in her place or they can both leave and figure it out on their own. Why isn't you Dh working? And I would of told my mil to kiss my ass a long time ago. Its your house take control before you lose your mind.
sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Leave for a week lol you need a break and kick out your mil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autum713
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Totally agree.. Girl,take control of ur home especially if u making the bank right now....I would call out every one of them and tell em,all how it is and would demand the respect u deserve... And if MiL or hubby don't like it TOO BAD!!!

Quoting silverdawn99:

if your DH and MIL cant contribute to the household tell them to take a hike

you dont deserve to be treated that way

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Well then put your foot down and demand they respect you. If you are providing for everyone then they need to respect you or get off their ass and do it them selves. If your workingthen why in the fuck are they not cooking dinner for you when you get home. Why is your husband not acting like a SAHD?

Worse comes to worse leave for a week or to and tell them to figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you need to stand up for yourself. Mil needs to go, plain and simple. And your dh needs to get a damn job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Id threaten to kick him and his mother out of MY house if they didnt start showing respect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)