Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Military mommas....i have a question

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 29 Replies
My ex is in the national guard....I have recently pressed charges for domestic violence....what are the consequences for him? The only reason I ask is because his brother is TRYING to talk me out of going to court saying he will get kicked out the army....because its a felony and he wont be able to get a job.true or not true? Just curious.....thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gum.drop
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Does it matter? Just curious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The military will handle it their way.

He Prolly won't get kicked out. But he will get in lots of trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Depends on how bad it was. He might get kicked out or he might lose rank and pay. Just depends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Who cares if he gets kicked out and not able to get a job. Why think of him he didn't while hurting you did he? Sorry I just don't like abusers or those that put up with it allowing it to happened again. May not be your case though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy85
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Not true. He won't get kicked out of the military. There are plenty of people in the military who got records while in the service. Yes, its a felony but unless he is actually convicted its not going to affect anything. Don't worry about him and his job prospects. Press charges and let him pick up the pieces of his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this
There are two sides to everything.

Okay fine, go with your attitude about the situation.

He gets kicked out, losses his job, loses his income. Now he can't pay child support.

Whose to say she isn't unemployed right now and counting on his child support?

Whose to say she isn't raising a sick child and counts on that child support to get her child to and from doctors appt?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction! She is wise to think of the consequences of her actions.

Quoting kmjmlj:

Who cares if he gets kicked out and not able to get a job. Why think of him he didn't while hurting you did he? Sorry I just don't like abusers or those that put up with it allowing it to happened again. May not be your case though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kmjmlj:

I'd care if it meant he would have no means of paying child support.

roxy85
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I would get on government assitance and let HIM deal with paying them back before I would worry about my abuser losing his job because I pressed charges. He can get some sort of a job even with a criminal record.

Quoting happymommy1105:

There are two sides to everything.

Okay fine, go with your attitude about the situation.

He gets kicked out, losses his job, loses his income. Now he can't pay child support.

Whose to say she isn't unemployed right now and counting on his child support?

Whose to say she isn't raising a sick child and counts on that child support to get her child to and from doctors appt?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction! She is wise to think of the consequences of her actions.

Quoting kmjmlj:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
He will def for sure get in trouble. May or may not get kicked out. A guy in my unit did physically abuse his then wife. He not only got demoted but they also kicked him out of the service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy85
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
So getting money out of him that she could replace with her own job is more important than pressing charges again her abuser? I'm speaking as someone who gets child support from someone in the military...

Quoting Liyoness:

Quoting kmjmlj:

I'd care if it meant he would have no means of paying child support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN