Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My feelings are so hurt, I feel like I want to cry but I'd be so mad at myself for it

I don't really have friends, haven't since I was 16 and dropped out of high school to make room in my life for a baby. Well ever since then I've just met girls I hang out with cautiously until they screw me over or lie on me or just turn out to be totally brutal, arrogant jerks. Well I met this girl about 2 years ago and it seemed like she did me the same way all my other friends had done me. So I took it upon myself to grow some balls, so to speak and I stopped being friends with her, she used me to have someone to pass the time with while her husband was out blowing money and partying, then she used me as a babysitter so she could do her own thing while he was out partying. Well about 2-3 months ago, we started hanging out again and she was telling me to go to her house every day and she wanted me to help her clean every day, I was watching her kids while she rearranged this or that and I was taking one of her kids home with me every night. They couldn't even pay for their sons first birthday party, her MIL bought the cake and presents and like 3 of her friends bought the food and she earned some money for decorations by babysitting. Her husband is shit, I hate him, He blows all their money and thinks its ok cause his mom and dad wipe their asses with 100 dollar bills. 

Anyway, she up and left him last week after she caught him on A DATE WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!!! Well I'm calling her constantly telling her I love her and Im here if she needs help with the kids or a place to stay, well she calls me one night demanding if I am her friend to go to her house and see if her husbands gf is there, so of course like a dog I up and go. Her husband blows up on me about coming back over there cause I had already come once to see another friend of ours, it was her birthday and I made her cupcakes, well she claimed she was ( we'll call the wife Sandy) Sandy's best friend but yet she's at sandys house with Sandy's husband and his new gf partying and getting drunk...

Any way the husband knew she had sent me back over there and he text me the next day calling me white trash and to stay out of his marriage, because he's not concerned with my train wreck of a life... 

Then tells me that he'll have me arrested if he sees me at his house ever again, even if him and Sandy get back together....So I tell Sandy and she said she knows what he said, he told her.....nothing more never I talked to him and its ok your always welcomed...nothing except yea he told me

Then last night she drives the 4 hour drive from her grandmas back here and goes straight to the other girls house at like 1 am and today they've been posting pictures on facebook about 

"Mess with one of us you get fucked up by both of us" and all kinds of stupid stuff, pictures of them smiling and having a ball, were it not for facebook I would have never known she was back and it hurts my feelings so bad, I've known her longer than this other girl, I don't understand out of all the people coming in and out  of my life, what is so wrong with me that I can't have a decent friend?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
michiganmom5150
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I am the same way. I have only a few friends and my closest ones are males. They don't treat me that way. And yes, we are just friends... I am the same way. You think you are being a good friend, they take you for granted and you end up hurt. I'm sorry you are going through this. I have been there too many times and it sucks ass. Hang in there. You'll eventually meet some people who value you for who you are, until then, don't let people walk all over you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Wow I'd say that was petty uncalled for and rude

Quoting grey7399:

Because you're a fking moron. Omg. Being young is when you gain life experience and shre those trials with your friends and cement true friendships.

But oh no. You were so damn smart, got knocked up, missed out on those times and aren't smart enough to figure out how to be a real adult.

How in gods name did you think playing juvenile idiotic headgames with her and her husband was a good thing????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I read this outloud to my husband and his jaw dropped, you know most teen moms have the good sense to learn from their mistakes and they feel some shame over their situation, but one thing I never felt was that I had missed out. I got to experience a 7lb 12 oz miracle come screaming into this world with my hair and my nose, I watched him make messes and crawl and walk and speak my name for the first time, I did all of this while all my so called friends were trying to remember what happened to them the night before and waking up fighting a crushing hangover.... I might have messed up but I never just got knocked up or missed out.... My son taught me twice as much about life then some 16 year old nit wit could have ever taught me. 

Quoting jmsbowtie:

Wow I'd say that was petty uncalled for and rude

Quoting grey7399:

Because you're a fking moron. Omg. Being young is when you gain life experience and shre those trials with your friends and cement true friendships.

But oh no. You were so damn smart, got knocked up, missed out on those times and aren't smart enough to figure out how to be a real adult.

How in gods name did you think playing juvenile idiotic headgames with her and her husband was a good thing????

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Don't let that girl take advantage of u like that.

Drop her like a bad habit. its nothing wrong with u, its people that don't know how to be a REAL FRIEND.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Really, oh my strawberries.

Quoting grey7399:

isaiahbellamom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Here some help go to meetup.com find a moms group that suits you and be yourself. Stop being a pushover and just look for someone to click with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
She sounds like a child and a toxic person. Cut your losses and move on. I also don't have any friends. But I'd rather have none than one like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

you sound super immature she's allowed to hang with who ever when ever she wants!

EAzizM
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Her kids are her responsibility, not yours. Maybe not having you as a friend she can boss around she will take care of her motherly duties. Delete her off facebook and delete her number from your phone. If you are going to keep letting her treat you this way, dont complain.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I love her kids.... I treat them like my own and the baby loves being with me. They enjoy someone keeping them clean and giving them attention.

Quoting sandra_t00:

you are a doormat. Why did u start hanging out with her again if you weren't talking to her anymore?

SareyF
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
It can be really lonely. I don't have much in the way of friends because I get tired of being the one always giving, helping, listening, etc. and then being left high and dry otherwise. I used to let people walk all over me but I'd rather have no friends than have fake ones and I ran out if energy for it.
Just keep being true to yourself and be proud of who you are. Find confidence and comfort in being on your own and people may start to come around more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)