Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who has one?

Love it?  Hate it?

Which one do you have? How often do you use it? Was it worth the money paid for it?

DH is bugging me about Mother's Day and that is honestly the only thing I can think of that I want/need.  I never ask for anything specific.  He and the girls just usually get me something small.  But, I've been wanting a Kitchenaid Mixer for ages and he asked if that's what I want for Mother's Day.  I told him to let me check around and see if it's worth it first.

Thanks ladies! :)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I wondered about the other name brands...I think I saw Hamilton Beach had one and wondered.  Yeah, I'm majorly leaning toward telling him that's what I want.  

Quoting momma-flynn:

My mom has had hers for over 30 years & it runs like a champ. She has different attachments for it. I have an off brand mixer & use it at least once a week. I can tell a huge difference in quality. When mine dies, I'm splurging on a kitchenaid.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Love it I have a red kitchen aid artisan. You can buy one at a good price from Amazon or check for one used on Craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I have one in French Blue. It qas around $350, so it's the mid range model. I use mine often around holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nzumbrun
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I got my dh a professional kitchen aid. He is in love with it. He is the cook in our family. He would marry it if he could!! Lol
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I love mine, I use it all the time and it was well worth the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmen_lis
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I love mine! And I love that I only paid $60 for it. $60!!!! I got it from a lady that was moving and didn't want to take it with her. She had bought it a year previous , but had never even opened the box. $60!!!!!!!!!!
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I asked my husband for a kitchen aid mixer and he got me a sunbeam mixer.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I love mine. It is the six quart stand mixer. I got it in 2001 for my bridal shower and have used it literally hundreds of times and it is still going strong. I have the meat grinder and the pasta attachment too. Both are great add ons to think about!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashbmac
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

We got a handme down one from dh's grandmother when she passed and I don't know how long she had it before us but we've had it for at least 5 years and runs great. I use it every couple of months and then a crap ton when the holidays roll around :)

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

That's what I'm doing now...on Amazon, checking them out...LOL

Quoting DACIA79:

Love it I have a red kitchen aid artisan. You can buy one at a good price from Amazon or check for one used on Craigslist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)