Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who has one?

Love it?  Hate it?

Which one do you have? How often do you use it? Was it worth the money paid for it?

DH is bugging me about Mother's Day and that is honestly the only thing I can think of that I want/need.  I never ask for anything specific.  He and the girls just usually get me something small.  But, I've been wanting a Kitchenaid Mixer for ages and he asked if that's what I want for Mother's Day.  I told him to let me check around and see if it's worth it first.

Thanks ladies! :)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on May. 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Mine is Sunbeam. It gets the job done but I can tell a difference in quality in the motor.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

I wondered about the other name brands...I think I saw Hamilton Beach had one and wondered.  Yeah, I'm majorly leaning toward telling him that's what I want.  

Quoting momma-flynn:

My mom has had hers for over 30 years & it runs like a champ. She has different attachments for it. I have an off brand mixer & use it at least once a week. I can tell a huge difference in quality. When mine dies, I'm splurging on a kitchenaid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I have one and love it.  I use it at least 3 times a week, probably more often then that.  I've got the Classic, white paint, with a 4 qt bowl.  It's definitely been worth the money we paid for it.

Mine was my first Mother's Day gift ever, when I was pregnant with our first child.  :-)

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on May. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I love mine. I don't use it that often, but I have it when I need it. Mine is about 35-years-old. It belonged to my late MIL.

emmy526
by Emmy on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM

i love mine...sis gave me hers

KitschyGirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't think I wanted one for the longest time, but now that I have one I love it. I have a Pink artisan. I paid $180.00 for it after coupon, sale, and mail in rebate. I think they are typically 299.99 but Macy's sells it for 279.99 pretty often I think. I use mine several times a week. I named her Peggy, she's my assistant and I don't know what I did before her. lol

ColieO
by I Rock on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
It's the bomb freaking diggity. I have the 5 quart Artisan. It gets used at least twice a week. Usually more. I paid $170 for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I have the bigger one that has the bowl that lifts and lowers with the handle. I got it as a wedding gift a year and a half ago. I really use it almost daily and its a life saver around the holidays and birthday parties. I would be lost without it haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I love mine. I use it about once a week. It had been well worth the money. I've only had it about 7 months. It was my house warming present to myself.... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I use mine nearly every day! It was the best kitchen purchase besides my heavy gauge pots and pans set :). Dh gave it to me on our 2nd annaversary. His friend told him not to, that I'd hate it, but he was sooo wrong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Nicoli on May. 6, 2012 at 10:21 PM

i love mine i really wanted Premium Metallic Finish | Elegant 5 Qt. Glass Bowl | Tilt-Head Stand Mixer | 325 Watt Motor in electric blue  but got tired of waiting for the money to get it so i settled for KitchenAid®  7 Qt Bowl Lift NSF Commercial Stand Mixer with 1.3 HP Motor for the time being hoping one day in the future i will get the one i want with all the accessories

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)